Withybed moorings - Alvechurch

She25

Featured Posts

The plans for this development plans were drawn up in 2008.

With Alvechurch Marina being so close and some housing on the doorstep, I suspect there were a number of objections to the project.

Perhaps the council will know?

Outline Planning permission was granted in 2008 and Reserved Matters (Detailed Permission) in Nov 2009.

It may well have expired by now

Tim

Outline Planning permission was granted in 2008 and Reserved Matters (Detailed Permission) in Nov 2009.

It may well have expired by now

Tim

If they didn't start work, the permission will have definitely expired. If they have started, there is no expiration date.

Likely to be pretty noisy as the moored boats would be about 400m from the M42.

If they didn't start work, the permission will have definitely expired. If they have started, there is no expiration date.

Likely to be pretty noisy as the moored boats would be about 400m from the M42.

A very small area was excavated then abandoned, perhaps for this purpose.

A development of over 50 houses is proposed just the other side of the railway bridge. Plan

• 1 month later...

An update on the Withybed moorings. This picture has just been posted by a member of a facebook group based in Alvechurch and taken very recently.. It is obviously taken by a drone and shows the current position. The digger has made some progress with the marina entrance and has begun excavating the basin. The line of the access road can be seen at the top of the picture running parallel. to the railway line.

I can't seem to print the photo, just the link to the photo in Photobucket. Sorry for that, I'm just not internet savvy!

Apologies also for the quality of the photo,

BTW. if someone can tell me how to post just the photo and not the link I would be grateful.
Edited by pophops