An East London fashion designer looking for a boat to shoot lookbook images

niro

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

This is Niro Wang, I'm a fashion designer based in East London, you can see my works here: http://www.nirowang.co.uk/

My new collection is inspired by the cuts, narrow boats and the lifestyle of yours smile.png I'm planning to do my new lookbook shooting on a narrow boat at the end of this month, wondering if there is anyone interested at what I do and also would like to make a new friend, please do message me.

The shooting would last 8-10 hours, during the shooting, there will be 1 female and 1 male model, 1 photographer and 1 makeup artist with me, and of course with my brand new SS17 collection, which is going to been seen in the coming New York and Paris fashion week. I left several boat pictures link at the end to show you what boat styles and colors are more suitable for the new collection.

Thank you very much for reading this.

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/432908582902104787/

http://www.flickriver.com/groups/roses-and-castles/pool/interesting/

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/504403226994595346/

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/308144799486490280/

Edited by Lady Cassandra
Link fixed

At last! With my scruffy fleece and grease marked jeans, I am a fashion icon

Richard

Somehow, I suspect the OP thinks we all have immaculate historic boats and cruise around wearing stylish waistcoats and bowler hats.

I'm not sure a photo shoot on the ordinary boats and with the ordinary boaters that typically populate the canal system is quite what he has in mind.

My new collection is inspired by the cuts, narrow boats and the lifestyle of yours

What a load of patronising twaddle

Richard

Somehow, I suspect the OP thinks we all have immaculate historic boats and cruise around wearing stylish waistcoats and bowler hats.

I'm not sure a photo shoot on the ordinary boats and with the ordinary boaters that typically populate the canal system is quite what he has in mind.

Hang on, this is one of the links posted:

6db4afc0214a53f6c116fef3a42f7c10.jpg

We are in with a chance, Mike

Richard

Hey I just googled 'scruffy narrow boat' looking for a less shiny boat and a pic of MY boat was returned in the results!!

Reg1.jpg

Damned cheek, that Google bloke...

Nice pic though, I'd want that boat had I not previously bought it five years ago :D

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Niro, don't let this lot put you off, it's customary on this forum to mercilessly make fun of anyone who comes along with an unusual request, but there's a decent chance that someone will come forward to help you out. That Venn diagram by magictime is very true, but you don't need us to buy your clothes, just to provide a boat for the photo shoot. Technically anyone hiring out a boat for payment has to have a trading licence (as opposed to the standard Canal & River Trust boat licence), but I'm sure ways around that could be found.

This is a bit of a culture clash; I had to Google SS17, and having decided you wouldn't mean the postcode area for Thurrock, concluded it stands for "Spring and Summer 2017".

It may help if you can answer a few questions:

Location! Does this shoot need to take place in East London? It does indeed have canals, but they're crowded and may not necessarily have the type of boat and background scenery you'll want. Are you looking for an urban or rural location, or maybe some interesting historic canal features as a background?

The boat(s): Do you want a traditional looking narrow boat, perhaps a working boat? Any particular colour? Bear in mind here that while a boat will have a main colour, they mostly have a very multi-coloured look. If you're paying for it, someone whose boat needs a repaint might be happy for you to choose your own design...

• Greenie 2

Niro, don't let this lot put you off, it's customary on this forum to mercilessly make fun of anyone who comes along with an unusual request, but there's a decent chance that someone will come forward to help you out. That Venn diagram by magictime is very true, but you don't need us to buy your clothes, just to provide a boat for the photo shoot. Technically anyone hiring out a boat for payment has to have a trading licence (as opposed to the standard Canal & River Trust boat licence), but I'm sure ways around that could be found.

This is a bit of a culture clash; I had to Google SS17, and having decided you wouldn't mean the postcode area for Thurrock, concluded it stands for "Spring and Summer 2017".

It may help if you can answer a few questions:

Location! Does this shoot need to take place in East London? It does indeed have canals, but they're crowded and may not necessarily have the type of boat and background scenery you'll want. Are you looking for an urban or rural location, or maybe some interesting historic canal features as a background?

The boat(s): Do you want a traditional looking narrow boat, perhaps a working boat? Any particular colour? Bear in mind here that while a boat will have a main colour, they mostly have a very multi-coloured look. If you're paying for it, someone whose boat needs a repaint might be happy for you to choose your own design...

It could be an opportunity for Nuneaton and Brighton. They would fit the twee image that Niro is trying to work with

Perhaps they could hire the pair for the shoot

Richard

Gave you a greenie Peter for being helpful and constructive unlike me

Ditto from me!

Richard's comment objecting to the patronising twaddle is also perhaps a result of culture clash too. Such stuff is normal speke in the world of fashion I suspect, and it's plain unfortunate how badly it plays here in the world of boating.

Ditto from me!

Richard's comment objecting to the patronising twaddle is also perhaps a result of culture clash too. Such stuff is normal speke in the world of fashion I suspect, and it's plain unfortunate how badly it plays here in the world of boating.

The bit that gets up my nose is:

and the lifestyle of yours

What - my lifestyle? Mike's lifestyle, NickNorman's lifestyle, Tony Dunkley's lifestyle, Peter X's lifestyle

I hate being labelled at part of a 'group' that has a 'lifestyle'

Richard

Edited by RLWP

The bit that gets up my nose is:

What - my lifestyle? Mike's lifestyle, NickNorman's lifestyle, Tony Dunkley's lifestyle, Peter X's lifestyle

I hate being labelled at part of a 'group' that has a 'lifestyle'

Richard

Actually, I bet a few generalisations about fashion designers could have been trotted out too, but the temptation has been resisted... so far ;-/