First attempt to post a picture of Betty

IanBetty

Featured Posts

I hope that this, a) works and B) is of interest.

Didn't work but thanks for the help below which got it posted. I have a few other images if they would be of interest.

Edited by IanBetty

Thank you. How did you do that?

Every image on the internet has an 'address'

The one for your image in the gallery is -

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/uploads/gallery/category_2/gallery_26992_2_94020.jpg

I just copied and pasted that into the 'insert image function' which comes up when you click on the button on the tool bar which looks like a picture frame. Its on the bottom row below and slightly to the left of the 'smiley face' or 'insert emoticon' button and to the left of the <> button.

Edited by MJG

Every image on the internet has an 'address'

The one for your image in the gallery is -

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/uploads/gallery/category_2/gallery_26992_2_94020.jpg

I just copied and pasted that into the 'insert image function' which comes up when you click on the button on the tool bar which looks like a picture frame. Its on the bottom row below and slightly to the left of the 'smiley face' or 'insert emoticon' button and to the left of the <> button.

Thank you. Trouble is I can't see the buttons that you refer to. No doubt blindness or stupidity or possibly both.

Thank you. Trouble is I can't see the buttons that you refer to. No doubt blindness or stupidity or possibly both.

When you start a new post or quote another post you should see this at the top of the window that you type in.

U95lhGxh.png

If you cannot and it is greyed out you can 'switch' it on using the toggle switch very top far left.

Some browsers don't display it though, if it is not there at all what device/browser are you using?

Edited by MJG

Now then, never seen it before but I am now a confirmed fan of 70ft 6 plankers called Betty, she is lush! Got any sisters?

What happened to Betty?

Was she a converted horse boat?

They were all converted horse boats, Hazel still exists with the wooden boat society but alas I think there are no more survivors today.

I cannot see the buttons for pasting pictures, sorry.

You won't see them if you are posting on a phone using the mobile skin. So either switch to the full skin to post pictures or put the tag img before the image url and /img after it, both tags being enclosed in square brackets. (I can't post the tags in full as it will think I am posting an image).

My understanding is that BETTY is extant, well sort of as it is now shortened with the wooden planking removed and replaced by steel - more of an evolution. I know that in more recent years it was based at Coombswood captain.gif

Yes that's my understanding too. I saw her about 4 years ago and the owners showed me over her.