Inverter by 'Intelligent Battery Systems'

mross

Featured Posts

No personal experience but looking at the spec I'd point out that the 1.2A off-load consumption is pretty high. That's nearly 30 Ah per day consumed just by having it switched on, so you'd need to ensure that it's only on when required. Only 7.3 Ah per day in standby so that's not bad at all.

Tony

I have one of these

http://www.advanceyacht.co.uk/studer-marine-inverters-shop/studer-aj-2400-24-inverter

the power saving mode is only 1.2W and 16W when idle but running with a start-up power of 5.2kVA for 5 secs.

I am very happy with it as you can run a cheap A+++ fridge and only use 1.2W when the compressor is not running, but you MUST remember to turn of TV or microwave etc as their standby power is enough to keep it awake.

A well-silly price. I've recently fitted a slightly smaller invertor (1 kW cont / 2 kW peak) from Sunshine Solar http://www.sunshinesolar.co.uk/with a much lower quiescent current, very good it is and their range is much cheaper. It also seems to cope well with very warm engine rooms.

Martin/

I dunno why I thought PSW inverters cost £2,000! Must have been in Midland Swindlers too much!

My Sterling 2500w PSW inverter 80A charger powers our Nespresso without complaint. Don't know what the start up power is.

I wouldn't buy another Sterling because it uses 4A when on but with nothing running, and it won't start up from Standby without a fairly big load.... So I can't leave it on 24/7, which is irritating.

My Sterling 2500w PSW inverter 80A charger powers our Nespresso without complaint. Don't know what the start up power is.

I wouldn't buy another Sterling because it uses 4A when on but with nothing running, and it won't start up from Standby without a fairly big load.... So I can't leave it on 24/7, which is irritating.

True of my sterling (mine isn't a charger.)

Never found it a big problem in standby (very economical) but it only powers the washer and the fridge most of the time. Bit of a pain when occasionally using power tools with its few seconds delay, so on these occasions I plug a small table lamp in which holds the inverter in.