Zinger

Featured Posts

Well I had my boat Zingered and then Zinger blacked over a year, For various reasons I have had to dry dock it.

I can safely say the zinger has worked no rust at all and very little wear on the anodes. I will give the boat some more protection whilst its out [it makes common sense doesnt it?] but in reality I think the five years I had planned between docking is about right.

Well I had my boat Zingered and then Zinger blacked over a year, For various reasons I have had to dry dock it.

I can safely say the zinger has worked no rust at all and very little wear on the anodes. I will give the boat some more protection whilst its out [it makes common sense doesnt it?] but in reality I think the five years I had planned between docking is about right.

DQ was zingered and epoxied when new almost 9 years ago. She was fine when surveyed after 7 years and still looks good with no visible rust, however I intend to slip next year.

It will be interesting to see what shape she is in under water.

I would definitely agree that it is worth using Zingy under an epoxy blacking.

DQ was zingered and epoxied when new almost 9 years ago.

Ooh, really? I'd gained the impression (on here) it was a new fangled idea that was as yet unproven. Good to hear your experience - please dock very early in 2017 and report back promptly... i.e. before my next blacking! ;):D

Your knowledge of fast food is disturbing Boiley!

either that or he is moonlighting as an advertising agent for KFC.

.................... reminds me, when I was working in Abu Dhabi my favourite Lebanese owned fast food caff was FCK which translated as Fried Chicken King. The British contingent never discovered if the name was a bit tongue in cheek like FCUK.

Ooh, really? I'd gained the impression (on here) it was a new fangled idea that was as yet unproven. Good to hear your experience - please dock very early in 2017 and report back promptly... i.e. before my next blacking! wink.pngbiggrin.png

I first saw it in 2008, and the boat had been done some years before very good job it was as well. It remained with me as a thought to do my next boat which I did

Well all remedial work carried out propeller straightened, gunwales rubbed down and painted and I have blacked over the silver zinger with keelblack goes on easy and has very good coverage. I am protecting the actual Zinc coating against damage so it doesnt matter really what I use so I chose something easy to use and very black!

Well all remedial work carried out propeller straightened, gunwales rubbed down and painted and I have blacked over the silver zinger with keelblack goes on easy and has very good coverage. I am protecting the actual Zinc coating against damage so it doesnt matter really what I use so I chose something easy to use and very black!

Crikey, to those of us still slapping bitumen on our bottoms, you're really leading the techno charge! First Zinga, now Keelblack. I'm sure there's many who'd join me in hoping your trailblazing goes well and being keen to hear how you get on. cheers.gif