Rare East London residential mooring up for auction

Featured Posts

And all that on a narrow boat :lol:

Maybe someone will do a two storey narrow boat. Would it roll over.

Hipsterism gone mad IMO

I know moorings in east London are expensive as I pay for one for my boat but £12k for a narrow boat mooring is going too far really.

Well I assume, since it doesn't say otherwise as far as I can see, that your £12,000 buys you three years' mooring, which isn't bad value, except that it's in the East End, so if you default on your payments they'll send the Mitchells round.

Well I assume, since it doesn't say otherwise as far as I can see, that your £12,000 buys you three years' mooring, which isn't bad value, except that it's in the East End, so if you default on your payments they'll send the Mitchells round.

I'm pretty sure that the final price is what you pay per year, for 3 years.

Power supply of three phase 32amps is some serious welly - could run a small factory on that.....

Yes, slight overkill for a single boat!

I'm pretty sure that the final price is what you pay per year, for 3 years.

Yes it is.

that is the sort of price you can moor a navigable (just about) widebeam or even a huge dutch barge for in Limehouse and of course if your WB or dutch qualify under 744c you won't have to pay VAT either so youll pay less than smaller vessels! Ok you have to get a mooring in the first place and the residential ones are all full with a waiting list.

Alan de Enfield, on 03 Aug 2016 - 4:30 PM, said:

Some of the residential moorings in our BWML marinas offer 32 amps as standard (either NB or WB)

I'm amazed - how does that work for separation of appliances between phases?

(I'm a bit rusty on that topic....)

You missed this bit:

Maximum Width 7' 2" / 2.2m

So no fat narrowboats or dutch barges.

Because that wasn't relevant to the point I was addressing.

I was confirming the understanding regarding the payment being annual not for three years.

I wasn't addressing the maximum width allowable on the mooring.

Because that wasn't relevant to the point I was addressing.

I was confirming the understanding regarding the payment being annual not for three years.

I wasn't addressing the maximum width allowable on the mooring.

Fair point. Someone else mentioned dutch barges.

It'll be on airbnb for £150 a night.

I was wondering if the reason it has become available is because someone was airbnb'ing a goat on that mooring and discovered that it didn't really pay.

Istr when the moorings first came up as a buy now they were £9k each and sold within 2 minutes . Also istr it was called Bluebell Moorings but now seems to be called Talavera.

I think the 32a 3 phase thing probably comes from someone reading a label on some sort of distribution box at the mooring. Would imagine they have 16a outlets to each boat.

Edited by magnetman

Wouldn't a three phase 32A connection be 415V?

No. Domestic properties are fed from a three phase supply that runs up the road. Each third house (sort of) is fed from one of the phases giving a single phase of 240V. This way, the three phase output from the power station is balanced

Richard

No. Domestic properties are fed from a three phase supply that runs up the road. Each third house (sort of) is fed from one of the phases giving a single phase of 240V. This way, the three phase output from the power station is balanced

Richard

We have a 3-Phase supply coming into our house / buildings to meet our electrical demand (we actually had to pay for a new - larger - transformer on the 'pole' up the road from us when we had the house built)

We have a 3-Phase supply coming into our house / buildings to meet our electrical demand (we actually had to pay for a new - larger - transformer on the 'pole' up the road from us when we had the house built)

Very handy if you have a machine shop. Used three phase machines are often cheaper

Richard