cara cruiser

alicia & haydn

Featured Posts

• 3 weeks later...

We are the new owners of Caracruiser. Much googling has revealed it might've had the unfortunate name Miss Tickle and that it was gutted and the roof chopped around ten years ago.

It would be great to be in touch with other owners, especially if carrying out a total refit. Any suggestions on how to make it an "amazing space" welcome!

Do the wheels come off before you launch,likewise the hitch? .How do you launch without wheels,or can they be removed once the boat is in the water.? can not imagine the wheels and hitch surviving for long under water. I like the idea for exploring isolated waterways,but would like to know how it all works.

Do the wheels come off before you launch,likewise the hitch? .How do you launch without wheels,or can they be removed once the boat is in the water.? can not imagine the wheels and hitch surviving for long under water. I like the idea for exploring isolated waterways,but would like to know how it all works.

The Caracruiser has a separate trailer from which it is launched in the conventional way.The Caraboat,however,carries it`s towing gear with it and is launched by simply rolling it down the slipway and sailing away.As for the wheels and hitch not surviving long under water,mine is still going since I restored it 15 years ago and fitted replacement wheels and hubs(for safety`s sake), with the original suspension units,towing hitch and chassis from 1972.Is that long enough?

The Caracruiser has a separate trailer from which it is launched in the conventional way.The Caraboat,however,carries it`s towing gear with it and is launched by simply rolling it down the slipway and sailing away.As for the wheels and hitch not surviving long under water,mine is still going since I restored it 15 years ago and fitted replacement wheels and hubs(for safety`s sake), with the original suspension units,towing hitch and chassis from 1972.Is that long enough?

As MokJumbo says.

As long as the bearings are good and sealed and packed well with grease it will last a long time. The trailer is as good as its builder.

You can use any small boat for exploring, i have a 20 foot cruiser for the same, well when it is finished. One benefit of the Crar Cruiser is you leave the trailer attached.

• 1 year later...

Hi Tinko, to be honest with you we haven't given it a thought as we are having a great time on her. If we were to sell her then it wouldn't be until the end of the season. I can take photos of the interior when we go down next weekend if you wish. 

• 1 year later...

Hello. Just bought my first boat a Nauticus 27 and loving it.  I am visiting my Mum in Cardiff, twas her 84th bday yesterday. Her brother is over to see her from Portugal where he has lived for 10 years.  He had a Caracruiser on the Mon and Brec that he gave away to an elderly gentleman just before he moved to Portugal.  He gave it away because absolutely no one wanted to buy it! He had the Caracruiser from new, chose the fittings, etc and called it Schitzo because it couldnt decide whether it was a boat or a caravan! He also said that when he got the paperwork through it was mistakenly logged as Shitzo.  He is now 80 years old and delighted to see the photos on here!