cara cruiser

alicia & haydn

Featured Posts

Hi ?, just bought a Cara cruiser. It's 4 berth with the moulded perspex front screen. Ok, I admit it, that's as much as I know about them! If there is anyone here that can be of assistance as regarding the history of Cara cruisers it would be very much appreciated. Regards

Thanks W+T just waiting for the other half to sort that out on the laptop. I was wondering about weight, internal and external spec, difference between the mk 1,2+3 etc. The boat we have bought needs a total refit, but hey, she is sooo worth it ?. We are both looking forward to her arrival next week. I will try to post some pics but I haven't done it before so please bare with me. Regards

So you are going to be towing it? will tow easy with most cars from memory, Not that heavy, i am excited for you, oi love a good project :) unless you want to refit to original spec then the boat can be as you wnat it. I am working on an old cabin cruiser which i am doing the same.

For pics i use easythumbnails, free download to resize pics then photobuckets to load from. or you can use the forum download way from your PC. depends on hoq you want your pics loaded, size wise etc.

Not a hope W+T she will be moored on the Mon and Brec. I'm no so brave as to tow and then slip her ?

It will be a lot of hard work, but thankfully the better half used to restore classic cars ( he's in the middle of restoring ours at the moment and now we have a boat to do as well. Bess him, I really don't know how he pits up with me ?)

Going by the Avatar one of the members possibly has one but I can't remember the name.

Thereis a caracruisr owner on here, not seen about for a while thouhg.

And i love the pics, thye will do for now. wish you were closer i would love to play out :)

Just found this crock of lies, and nowhere as good as the real first caravan van on water ( caracruiser )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3162055/Fancy-holding-river-traffic-instead-world-s-floating-caravan-speed-5-6mph-ll-need-splash-12k-life-REALLY-slow-lane.html

Not a hope W+T she will be moored on the Mon and Brec. I'm no so brave as to tow and then slip her ?

It will be a lot of hard work, but thankfully the better half used to restore classic cars ( he's in the middle of restoring ours at the moment and now we have a boat to do as well. Bess him, I really don't know how he pits up with me ?)

Think we will keep her original colour though ?

Seems a shame to buy a boat with wheels, and not use it to visit all the faraway and isolated bits of the system that most boaters never get to.

good point that, it will be easy to tow at only near 16 foot long and light weight, i cant wait to that with my 20 footer, bit more hard work to launch but well worth the effort. canals, rivers, lakes, locks etc etc, :)

Well, after a hectic week our boat has finally arrived ? We had Kyles transport to deliver her and boy was he good! She is now located in our garden for a full restoration. We estimate that she will be finished and back on the canal by next April ?

isnt it exciting seeing that happen, aswell as dred in a snapping strap, which thatnk god didnt happen. So whats the plan first.

Oh and dont make plans, just enjoy fitting it out first:)

Edited by W+T

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. She needs a total restoration, but we like a challenge ? there is very little left inside and new strengthening braces need to be sorted before we can continue. Soooo, that's the better half's department. As all you gentlemen will know, as a woman, I just over see the project!!!! ?

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. She needs a total restoration, but we like a challenge there is very little left inside and new strengthening braces need to be sorted before we can continue. Soooo, that's the better half's department. As all you gentlemen will know, as a woman, I just over see the project!!!!

Do you know what it's original name is, I have a few oictures of Caracruisers from the 1980's

Tim

• 3 months later...

Hi again everyone. It's been a while since i was on last. The better half has been hard at it reffitting the old girl out ( by that i mean the boat and not me !! ). Well i have to admit he's done a beautiful job. I will post pics soon. Tim, the boats name is SCHIZO and we are led to believe that she has spent most of her life on the Mon & Brec. We would be gratfull for any information about her as we don't really know any history on her. We are changing her name while she is out of the water.

Bye for now