cookers, fridges etc sold with boat part of the price

MissMax

Featured Posts

I do wish people wouldn't promote this twaddle. A marina is usually acting as a 'marriage broker' between buyer ans seller, in which case the buyer has no more protection than had they bought privately.

And even when they are selling on their own account at least one example seems to go to extremes to deny its their boat.

The seller did email me back saying that they would knock £250 off the asking price as he couldn't find the paper work for the boat or the safety certs.

Well there's a surprise. Certainly did the right thing walking away.

The seller did email me back saying that they would knock £250 off the asking price as he couldn't find the paper work for the boat or the safety certs...

Oh yea, came across that a few times when trying to buy a boat. Each time the lack of eye contact or 'hazy' description of what was available suggested it was BS. If you are the sort of person who looks after your boat and collects receipts you usually put them all together ... in a binder, box, folder, drawer. They don't really 'go missing' unless they're stolen, but you'd remember that if it happened, right?

Regarding manky cookers and such on 30-year old boats. What if you invested in some serious cleaner and a bunch of rags to clean these up? Not a nice job, but worth a couple of hours if it lead to a working 'retro' appliance. Mask them off and spray paint for added fun.

Glad you've made a profitable escape.

I do wish people wouldn't promote this twaddle. A marina is usually acting as a 'marriage broker' between buyer ans seller, in which case the buyer has no more protection than had they bought privately.

Well that's me told ;) (but I'm pretty new to this so every days a school day :) )

The fridge had flakey rust and something growing in the seal and the cooker was well past bleach and elbow geese, i wouldn't feel safe using it. The soft furnishings had mold spots and don't get me started on the sheet covering the mattress. The only dust/fungus free item was the 'Gentlemans reading material' and the can of Stella.

The outside looked nice (couldn't see any holes) and not that bad of a condition and the wood on the inside looked ok with no warping that i could spot, but it wasn't a bright day so there may have been some. Just don't want

to pay for things that i would end up chucking down a volcano (pay someone else as i aint touching it)

Are cooker, fridges, beds sold with the boat part of the boat price? I'm asking as some boats that i have seen the look rather dated and unsafe, if i did purchase them can i ask for them to be

removed by the seller and to reduce the fee.

I am honestly not being a snob and i could always get more efficient fridges and cookers down the line, just that most of the ones i have seen are in a naughty state (did these people not know i was coming)

and i figure they are being left on board just to fill the space and save money taking them to the dump sad.png

To be honest if I was the seller and if someone came to me with such a request, I don't think I'd want to do any business with them.

I hadn't even asked about price reduction though. I did say i would think about it and call back, but he emailed me first (see other posts). I did ask the forum though if the bits and bobs were part of the price (in this thread)

apparently they are.

Life is not fair

Hi Neal. I am a total newbie myself. Only three thoughts i have when looking at a boat is 1. Does it look pretty 2. Does it float 3. Does it move

I figure as long as it has those two things going for it, it has to be ok

(Don't tell the smart people here, they will point at me and tut blush.png )

Hi Neal. I am a total newbie myself. Only three thoughts i have when looking at a boat is 1. Does it look pretty 2. Does it float 3. Does it move

You missed off "Are the appliances a pile of dingo's kidneys?"

• Greenie 1

I hadn't even asked about price reduction though. I did say i would think about it and call back, but he emailed me first (see other posts). I did ask the forum though if the bits and bobs were part of the price (in this thread)

apparently they are.

Life is not fair

I go a little further than that, but it's not a bad start! biggrin.png I shall watch your quest closely!

Hoping to liveaboard from next spring, myself, subject to Mrs Neal agreeing. Otherwise, I have major life decision to make wink.png

• Greenie 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I bough Rufford I was asked if I also wanted to buy the rather tired sofa that was on board. I of course asked is it no included in the sale and was told no. So I offered to give them a hand removing the sofa and chair if they so wished. They eventually relented and included it in the sale.

A few years later it took me an entire weekend with an axe and a saw to remove them....

• Greenie 1