* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Please could we have an update on the circumstances of how it was found, where it was hidden, and if the thieves have been found?

As Ray says, not yet.

With the way these things pan out, it could be months rather than days before the story can be told, and we just have to hope that Chris and Graham stick around and tell the story when they can (from what we have seen, I think they will)

I have the feeling that the police have moved onto other more important things and we will never hear any more. Putting time and effort into finding a thief when the goods were insured and recovered anyway is not high on their priorities

They are very practiced at making the right noises when at the same time quietly dropping a case, and this is probably what will happen here. I hope I'm wrong but I very much doubt we'll hear any more about it from those in authority.

I wonder how you know that they were reading the forum (and I understand that you cannot currently tell us). If they were, they must have been getting very loose-bowelled as they realised how big the net was which was inexorably closing around them.

Your comment also raises the possibility that the boat was taken by a forum member - there are loads of them who join but, for vvarious reasons, never post.

If the thief was watching this forum he now knows how everyone pulls together on here to track down a boat. There is no hiding place and hopefully the thief will think twice before taking another boat.

He/ they should have quite a while to sit and think!

Since it was mentioned that the people on the boat had been arrested, I think that is not in doubt.

That was mentioned on a Facebook quote but the OP denied anyone had been arrested.

I have the feeling that the police have moved onto other more important things and we will never hear any more. Putting time and effort into finding a thief when the goods were insured and recovered anyway is not high on their priorities

They are very practiced at making the right noises when at the same time quietly dropping a case, and this is probably what will happen here. I hope I'm wrong but I very much doubt we'll hear any more about it from those in authority.

Sadly there are more crimes than police budgets allow to be investigated. As a result some difficult priorities have to be chosen - especially felt when it is your crime that is not followed up. However, it is also probably the case that such crimes would take a lot of resources to do anything effective, much more than others.

Since it was mentioned that the people on the boat had been arrested, I think that is not in doubt.

Unfortunately, it appears that upon news of the boats recovery, various people added a little to the story, and somewhere along the way, this fiction was added.

The perpetrators were NOT apprehended on board, and we have no ACCURATE information either way as to whether they have subsequently been arrested,

Very much in doubt, and almost certainly at the time it was stated, simply not true.

I have seen nothing credible yet to imply the Police have arrested anyone.

Hi all

Please be assured that we will tell all, with grateful thanks to you all when we can. You deserve this st least for all your help. We know that our thief was watching this forum and acting on our comments, so it is vital at the moment we stay frustratingly quiet. Very best wishes to all.

Thanks.

it would be nice if the owner of the other recently stolen boat, found with the help of the forum, could also come back and tell us what happened in his case.

Is there any news on what condition the boat was in when found?

This is now to long a thread to look back through, I was just wondering if all the owners possessions were dumped like the last boat, and if there was any damage other than the need for a re-paint

Is there any news on what condition the boat was in when found?

This is now to long a thread to look back through, I was just wondering if all the owners possessions were dumped like the last boat, and if there was any damage other than the need for a re-paint

How many times do folk have to be told, see post http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=86179&page=93#entry1868088

It seems to me that it's time this thread was locked. Nothing useful is being posted.

Top Cat

Agreed, except that eventually the owners have promised to share their story, when restrictions are lifted. I guess they could always ask a Mod to unlock the thread when that time came.

Agreed, except that eventually the owners have promised to share their story, when restrictions are lifted. I guess they could always ask a Mod to unlock the thread when that time came.

I can't imagine that day ever arriving. The police will never admit to dropping a case even when that is what has effectively happened. Frankly they have more important stuff to do and will be getting on with it.

Unless a solution to this crime drops fully formed into the lap of the police, nothing more will happen. Even if it does, 'nothing' is still quite a likely outcome!

I agree with the suggestion to lock. As I write post number one thousand eight hundred and eighty this must be among the longest topic ever. I suppose that the Friday Joke topic might be longer.

Anyway. Chris and Graham, do ask to have this unlocked or start a new one when you have things to tell us.

Theo