* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Suck eggs time...

Do nothing with the photos apart from provide the originals to the police. If they are the guilty party then the photo may help in prosecuting them.

Good advice, thank you.

We might have some other information that might aid the investigation so once it is confirmed that Rare Bear is indeed the missing boat, we will offer up what we have to the Police.

I'm still convinced this was the boat I saw in amington on 1st Aug.

The woman's behaviour was quite odd too. She stared at our boat, and kept looking back at it even well after passing. Maybe the MERCIA MARINA writing on the side made her uneasy?!?!

Taking into account the possible sightings/findings they appear to have stayed relatively local, moved a lot....and not hidden away too much.....

That's very strange!!

Veeeeery strange indeed!!

No, I don't think so, my wife saw the boat you mentioned and said that the windows were different to the stolen boat. It did however have a blonde woman, dark haired man and a dog on board. (My dog checks all passing boats for dogs, and barks at those with dogs on board, even if they are inside hidden from view).

All i can see is a name has been painted out .

Yes can you confirm this is the same boat as was found written with "Rare Bear" on the side?

We STILL don't have actual confirmation from anyone that Rare Bear is Chris and Graham's stolen boat..!

Been out all day, and really excited to come back to this.

Fingers crossed that we get the confirmation that this is Chris and Graham's boat, and that their nightmare is over.

I'll have a glass ready at 9 p.m.

What a great community it is on here.

Maybe the thieves painted out 'Rare Bear' after the photo was taken.

Which itself is odd, unless of course they have been looking at this forum and realised that the finger of suspicion had fallen on the boat. But it raises another question - who did the signwriting and where?

Signwriting is a real skill and not easy to acquire. Someone posted a while back that the sign looked to be a professional job and the response was that it could well be vinyl graphics which can be made anywhere and take little to no skill to apply - but if that was the case, why paint it out? It would be quicker and easier to just peel it off.

Or have the police painted out the name for their own purposes?

Suck eggs time...

Do nothing with the photos apart from provide the originals to the police. If they are the guilty party then the photo may help in prosecuting them.

The cynic in me thinks that if the police find the three people they will say "But that's our boat! We purchased it 10 days ago for £XXXX cash from a well spoken gent in the pub at XXX. He told us he needed a quick sale because he and his wife were leaving for Ecuador in a week!"

The CPS will say "Well they got their boat back and we aren't 100% sure we will win any prosecution, so we won't proceed".

The insurance company will say "These people don't have any money so it's not worth a civil prosecution to recover costs".

The thieves will say "Third time luck!"

If I were going to leave a boat in a marina I think I'd fit a hi-tensile chain around the tiller and connect it to the mooring via something substantial. Any would-be thief would need to take half the mooring with them when they left!

It's so frustrating to realise that we know we saw Rare Bear before this thread started, and commented to each other about the strange name and how new it looked. The odd thing is our memory seems to place our sighting before the actual theft, but then memory is a strange and unreliable thing.

A glass of Sauvignon Blanc is in front of me as I type. I would just add, as I have been involved (not in a bad way) with one of our smaller provincial police forces recently, they are a lot smarter than they sometimes appear. The days of the dopey plod are, I think,long gone, but they have resources issues.