* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Why is there not a comprehensive list from stenson yet, of the names of similar styled boats they have built? I guess they could have been using up spare maroon paint on rare bears tunnel bands, but this has to be worth further checking.

If this had been one of our builds, every detail of it, and it's similar builds would be out there days ago.

Stenson's are in the process of, or have changed hands.

Just to clear things up, I did nothing except go down there last night and call the police.

After their non-arrival I went home having called them back to tell them I was leaving but given location of boat.

I think it will be a while now before we get any facts as it seems the owners have been informed by the police to say nothing at all at the moment. I am confident however that their stolen boat has been found.

This all sounds very promising. When you phoned the police was the crime number mentioned at any point? Did they give any indication that they knew of the theft?

Fingers crossed they have the boat back.

One thing to take away from this, i am going to be taking very detailed photos of my boat and storing them in the cloud, this way if some scum bag takes my boat i have recent photos to post, also i shall now set about stashing a phone to act as a tracker.

If the thief is the same as the last one, and he has not been caught this time,he may well have another go at another boat!

Word is its being recovered to nearby marina as we speak

Excellent.

I'd love to congratulate Chris and graham on the finding of their boat, but I'm reluctant to in case this turns out be a false alarm. I can't imagine it is not the right boat but there is still an element of doubt. Mistakes can be made and I suspect the situation might be more complex than it appears here on a discussion forum.

It's even possible that the most recent drivers of the boat dropped it somewhere to be found if/when they became aware of it's recent history. It's one thing for the boat to be returned to it's owners, but maybe it's a harder problem to identify the person involved in the theft/repaint and possible resale of the boat, and the recent drivers of the boat.

Sounds like good news.

Let's hope it is and that Chris & Graham's boat hasn't been damaged other than revised paintwork.

We have been closely studying all boats passing our house since the beginning of this thread.

I had never really noticed this type of stern before, but have seen several over the last few days, I didn't mention them because they all looked old and had square transom so we're obviously not the missing boat, so I didn't want to add to the confusion. Just goes to show how little we (I) observe on a daily basis.

Sounds like good news.

Let's hope it is and that Chris & Graham's boat hasn't been damaged other than revised paintwork.

We have been closely studying all boats passing our house since the beginning of this thread.

I had never really noticed this type of stern before, but have seen several over the last few days, I didn't mention them because they all looked old and had square transom so we're obviously not the missing boat, so I didn't want to add to the confusion. Just goes to show how little we (I) observe on a daily basis.

I think that everyone involved in posting or reading this topic over the last few days will notice this type of stern in future.

It's all looking very promising--I hope this is the news Chris and Graham [and many others on various forums] have been waiting for.

Something comes to mind that may have an immediate relevance.In the absence of any definite confirmation that the thief has been caught it may be that he is currently homeless. Having walked into one marina [possibly two if Chilton is linked] and taken this boat, could everyone be extra vigilant in the area, particularly around the marinas. I appreciate it's changeover day for the share boats so security may not be what it usually is, but it may save a lot of heartache if you can challenge anyone you aren't happy with.

I can only begin to guess at Chris and Grahams thought processes when they went to their boat and found it had gone. Their minds probably went blank--they were probably desperate for advice, not knowing where to start. I'm sure lessons will have been learned--who to contact/where to post requests for help etc. I thought the idea of a second post on this forum that just stuck to the pertinent details was excellent--saved you ploughing through the many hundreds of posts that the search generated.

When everything has calmed down I was wondering whether Chris or Graham would feel up to producing some kind of guidance so that if/when [hopefully never] some other boater is faced with this dilemma they could be directed to the post and have somewhere to start.

I appreciate it isn't going to be a priority for them but the lessons they have learned may be invaluable to another boater.

having read the replies to this, firstly congrats to these folk if it is their boat, and well done one and all for keeping such a look out. Did I read that Chris and Graham gave a gongoozler at Fradley all the details of when they would be away from their boat, where it was moored and the one thing that I really cannot understand is why did they give this person the name of the pontoon it was mooed on. ? anyway, Apologies if I have mis read this.

Spoke to chri graham asked me to thank everyone on here for all the help in getting her back.its been at western for a while and it was spotted by a member on here yesterday.no one was with the boat when it was found.they say they will post soon as they needed to stay quiet untill they got the boat safe

• Greenie 3