* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

I can confirm that the boat has been found.. I've messaged Chris,I met up with them last Saturday following the poster being released, when they came back to the Marina and the Marina along with all other boaters came together to find their boat. Yank on the cut - our marina manager has confirmed it via a text to me earlier but there are probably more things going on behind the scenes. I'm sure they will all post as soon as they can - it is certainly news on our community FB page. What a fabulous community we have where we have seen everyone come together, go out of their way to track down this boat. If I ever doubted if I'd made a mistake choosing this water life, this experience has shown me it was not a mistake. Well done to all the boating community but a special thanks to Nick, Ann and Junior.

And special thanks to Yank on the Cut too, don;t forget.

Without all those photos he posted I doubt the boat would have been found.

And special thanks to Yank on the Cut too, don;t forget.

Without all those photos he posted I doubt the boat would have been found.

Have to agree, he's been a sterling guy with this. Been out on a bike trawling towpaths, helped us by printing the poster and leaflets. Not forgetting trawling the CCTV.

I work closely with him at Mercia and love his commitment to the boating community but for us at Mercia he supports all we do. He is more than simply a marina manager - sorry if this sounds sycophantic but as the event chair here he encourages everyone to to be involved. Simply put he's a good guy.

My mate Adam ant

I

Am the highwayman ...

James you are forgiven

For 300 years you have contours

And we have........,

What do we have ?

No answers

My mate Adam ant

I

Am the highwayman ...

James you are forgiven

And we have........,

What do we have ?

No answers

My mate Adam ant

I

Am the highwayman ...

James you are forgiven

And we have........,

What do we have ?

No answersMy mate Adam ant

I

Am the highwayman ...

James you are forgiven

And we have........,

What do we have ?

No answers

.?

by whom?

Mickp post #1396

Its just arrived at gt haywood marina steered a couple.a name has been greyed out looks rushed job

Edited by MJG

Just asking. A friend of mine dumped his rubbish there, then filled up with water. He said there was no sight of the boat, and no Police about. I'm only typing what I've been told mind.

Ah right.

Is it possible 'your friend' perhaps wasn't there at the same time the stolen boat arrived?

I don't think so.

So we have a forum member state it was at Great Heywood Marina but you are now saying it can't have been because 'your friend' didn't see it when he visited?

Have I got that correct?

Just asking. A friend of mine dumped his rubbish there, then filled up with water. He said there was no sight of the boat, and no Police about. I'm only typing what I've been told mind.

I assume he filled at the CRT water point at the junction outside Anglo Welsh. This is half a mile or so to the marina entrance. The marina is fairly well screened by trees, and the boat may be under a tarpaulin or out of the water in a shed.

Well done all. I am really proud of being part of this community.

Well done you too! MtB gave you a mention earlier and rightly so. I think you've done far more than many in your position might have, and I salute you Sir!

Is there any kind of marina management telegraph over which to increase awareness and share ideas?

Well done you too! MtB gave you a mention earlier and rightly so. I think you've done far more than many in your position might have, and I salute you Sir!

Is there any kind of marina management telegraph over which to increase awareness and share ideas?

Sue of Kings Bromley kindly called to offer support and assistance. Otherwise, there are marina associations but they are no match for this forum, social media generally and mobilising groundtroops.

Marina staff here and elsewhere are few in number. It is better not to rely on us but rather demand us to contribute as part of the community

Thanks for the update YotC. A great outcome!

I am sure there are lessons to be learned by all of us regarding our boats security. I hope Chris and Graham will come on here in due course and fill in the many blanks to this story so we can all be wiser and hopefully reduce the risks of it happening again.

May I add my thanks for your outstanding contribution to the boats recovery, and also to the many others who contributed to the search.

A congratulatory pat on the back to everyone involved.

Ken