* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Hopefully we'll soon hear from the owners as to the state of the boat - I do hope it hasn't been trashed inside. And I know from personal experience how a burglary can leave one feeling that one's home isn't the same any more - hopefully they won't be left with the same feeling about their boat.

• Greenie 1

I'm sure we all do, but there will be very good reasons for the silence. At this stage they do not "owe" the forum anything. From my perspective, there were always two priorities: 1) recover the boat 2) identify and prosecute the wrong 'uns. If the price of 2) is silence for now, so be it.

I'm sure we all do, but there will be very good reasons for the silence. At this stage they do not "owe" the forum anything. From my perspective, there were always two priorities: 1) recover the boat 2) identify and prosecute the wrong 'uns. If the price of 2) is silence for now, so be it.

I think all people are looking for is confirmation from the owners themselves their boat is found and people can definitely stand down.

None of that should compromise 2.

There can be a full post mortem later.

Edited by MJG

I think all people are looking for is confirmation from the owners themselves their boat is found and people can definitely stand down.

None of that should compromise 2.

There can be a full post mortem later.

Hank the Yank could say if it has been found if C&G would rather say nothing for the time being

I have to say I'm so pleased to hear that the boat has been recovered. I do hope it's clean and tidy and nothing has been taken or damaged. I'm going to thank you all, for all your efforts as it could of been any one of us that had our boat stolenclapping.gif It would be great if we could make plans/ draw up contact details of who to contact if your boat is stolen. We know the forum works!!

Several things I am going to do is copy all of the Engine serial numbers, Hin number, and keep them at a relatives house for safe keeping. I might of left the bill of sale on the boat, not a good idea!!

I certainly hope the thief/thieves have left plenty of DNA evidence!!

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?
  • Greenie 1

I think in all the justified jubilation that we share, we must also spare a thought for Chris and Graham, who have the knowledge that someone invaded their boat, their much loved temporary home, to make themselves at home in it. It must be horrid to know that someone has done this, using all of the facilities; moving things out of place; changing things in a vain attempt at disguise; spoiling what had been carefully planned and made. I'm sure we all hope that they can have any damage restored, and regain the feeling that this is their boat.

• Greenie 4

I agree, then there are legal reasons.

I note how online newspapers will disable comments and alter things, remember when the teacher eloped to France with a pupil. When we were still in a manhunt situation, her name and photo was everywhere, once he was arrested the papers stopped sharing that information and the stories no longer had comments enabled. Different situation here of course, but we probably don't know that much about the crime, we could be making wrong assumptions, so if they're steering clear of online debate, well, as you suggest, they may have been advised to.

I agree, then there are legal reasons.

I note how online newspapers will disable comments and alter things, remember when the teacher eloped to France with a pupil. When we were still in a manhunt situation, her name and photo was everywhere, once he was arrested the papers stopped sharing that information and the stories no longer had comments enabled. Different situation here of course, but we probably don't know that much about the crime, we could be making wrong assumptions, so if they're steering clear of online debate, well, as you suggest, they may have been advised to.

Sorry but 'on line debate' is not really what I think people are expecting at this stage are they?

I think somewhere in the fog of this thread the police have asked the owners to remain silent whilst they (the police) carry out their investigations.

I have the feeling they told the police about this thread, the police read it and instructed them to stop posting.

The probably told Hank the Yank to stop too. Seeing as he has disappeared too.

All it needs is a quick 'stand down, folks'.

I agree, but if they've been told to stop posting or get charged with obstructing the police (or something) They would stop posting.

The odd thing is I'd have expected one or more of the members here who are on the spot to have had a bit more to say.

It's especially odd that the boat is now in Great Hayward marina apparently but STILL no-one has photographed it!

Great Haywood?

I agree, though - that is odd.

Yes there was a report this morning (I think it was) that a boat matching the description of RARE BEAR was in GH Marina with fuzz crawling all over it but with the place where the name was hurriedly painted over in grey paint.

So we still don't know for certain this is the same boat, although it seems highly likely.

Odd that no-one in GH Marina has snapped it and posted here. Odd that C&G, YotC and now NIckandAnne have all fallen silent. I suspect the police are running around warning everyone off posting on here.

If I'm right, its also odd that Dan hasn't been instructed to delete this thread!

I agree, but if they've been told to stop posting or get charged with obstructing the police (or something) They would stop posting.The odd thing is I'd have expected one or more of the members here who are on the spot to have had a bit more to say.It's especially odd that the boat is now in Great Hayward marina apparently but STILL no-one has photographed it!

I can confirm that the boat has been found.. I've messaged Chris,I met up with them last Saturday following the poster being released, when they came back to the Marina and the Marina along with all other boaters came together to find their boat. Yank on the cut - our marina manager has confirmed it via a text to me earlier but there are probably more things going on behind the scenes. I'm sure they will all post as soon as they can - it is certainly news on our community FB page. What a fabulous community we have where we have seen everyone come together, go out of their way to track down this boat. If I ever doubted if I'd made a mistake choosing this water life, this experience has shown me it was not a mistake. Well done to all the boating community but a special thanks to Nick, Ann and Junior.

Chris and Graham., so glad your boat is found. Once it's yours properly again, get quotes for whatever needs putting right, and get the insurance to sort it, also have it professionally cleaned, and while you're at it, if you had a thing that bugged you originally, get it put right. Then have a small party onboard with special friends, and make it yours again...perhaps name it at the same time. She was lost but is now back with her rightful parents. Love her and name her. Best wishes for happy, and plain cruising in the future. We look forward to hearing from you, when you are able. Hope you are having a celebratory night cap tonight!

• Greenie 2