* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

At 11.16 we received agreeing from Venetian marine boats that our boat has been seen heading to Barbridge west towards Shropshire.

Through holmondsey lock. I have just picked up this message and do not have a map of the canals to hand, but can anyone fill us in meanwhile as to where this may be? Meanwhile I will find more information and let you know, fingers crossed, thanks

Here: http://canalplan.eu/gazetteer/p36d

Richard

Whichever way they turn - whether south down the Shroppie, west across the Llangollen or north to Chester, they will be going into well populated areas in terms of boaters and marinas. If we can spread the word via the forum and FB as to its likely location further north now, surely it can't keep hiding? Maybe worth a call to the marinas in the vicinity, such as Nantwich Canal Centre, Overwater, Swanley Bridge, ABC at Wrenbury and Anglo Welsh at Bunbury. A good few volockies in these areas too

At 11.16 we received agreeing from Venetian marine boats that our boat has been seen heading to Barbridge west towards Shropshire.

Through holmondsey lock. I have just picked up this message and do not have a map of the canals to hand, but can anyone fill us in meanwhile as to where this may be? Meanwhile I will find more information and let you know, fingers crossed, thanks

This one?

http://canalplan.org.uk/cgi-bin/gazetteer.cgi?where=Cholmondeston%20Lock%20No%201

Barbridge Junction is north of Nantwich and south of Chester. Not far from Hurleston

Did they say what day & time it was spotted?

Cholmondeston lock is on the middlewich branch, if they turn right at the end it leads to Ellesmere port, left takes them to hurleston junction of the Llangollen or they can go up the shroppie towards the Audlem flight.

i have emailed you a map of the area so you know where it could turn off.

Edited by GoodGurl

Cholmondsey lock, I suspect. I can't find any reference to "holmondsey lock"...?

And yes, fingers crossed. Everything crossed!

Cholmondeston, almost certainly.

crt man the hurleston lock flight the startof the llangollen

When we came thro Hurleston a few days ago about mid afternoon on a weekday there wasn't anyone from CRT about....and all the buildings were locked up...so don't rely on them spotting it.....we will keep our eyes open up this way.

Cheers

Gareth

When we came thro Hurleston a few days ago about mid afternoon on a weekday there wasn't anyone from CRT about....and all the buildings were locked up...so don't rely on them spotting it.....we will keep our eyes open up this way.

Cheers

Gareth

Edited to add

There are the lockies and Vlockies at Grindley brook most of the time but they don't routinely take boat details.....I also think you can pass thro without them if you are "out of hours"

If it's got this far, heading this way , it must have been through the harecastle tunnel. Have they not logged it

curious about this, the plates and license were found on the coventry so if they went thru the tunnel they would have to have doubled back

A question: have the owners cancelled the boat licence? This might have the effect of making the boat stand out when it is logged on the cut, or when a licence is applied for? Or does CART say oh no you can't unlicence it as that contravenes the rules...

How can they? They still own the boat, albeit that its not in their possession, so unless they can be certain it is not still on CRT waters, then it needs to remain licenced.

It's a frustratingly sketchy report. The location doesn't exist and no clue as to whether this was an hour ago or three weeks ago.

I fear I may have added to the confusion by speculating the initial letter 'C' might have been missing from the location.

I fear I may have added to the confusion by speculating the initial letter 'C' might have been missing from the location.

I don't think so, Cholmondeston Lock is right next to Venetian marina on the Middlewich branch which goes to Barbridge

Richard

If it's got this far, heading this way , it must have been through the harecastle tunnel. Have they not logged it

Good point. They could have given any name, though, as there's no name to show.

It's a frustratingly sketchy report. The location doesn't exist and no clue as to whether this was an hour ago or three weeks ago.

Chill, Chris got the name of Hillmorton wrong, if you dont know the place yourself then hearing something different is not that hard.

The lock matches the one just down the cut from the marina reporting it, although a time/day would be very helpful right now in case any boaters are in the area.

I don't think so, Cholmondeston Lock is right next to Venetian marina on the Middlewich branch which goes to Barbridge

Richard

If it was a phone message, that is a easy mistake to make, so can't see why that in not the correct location. The big question has to be when the boat was spotted there.