* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

I have just phoned the police and they do not know of the recovery of the narrowboat. PC Dutton who is dealing with it is only on tonight, then not back until Thursday! Please keep looking and if anyone is going through Fradley auction could a message be passed to Louise to say our boat has not been found, cannot find any numbers to ring and no time to get to Fradley before they go, we do not want people to stop looking. Many thanks, how disappointing! Just emailed Flier to all boatyards and marinas on the Thames and Trent Rivers. Most of the canals covered now should he stop for fuel or pump out.

Graham and Chris have sent through another helpful picture, showing the large back deck, the unusual lockers each side of the door on such a cruiser stern, the position of the instrument panel/ignition and the curved hand rails over the lockers. A very distinctive hybrid between semi-trad and cruiser.

post-5943-0-09809700-1469975381_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yank on the Cut

We have continued on the Staffs & Worcs from Autherly Junction and currently just north of Gailey. No sign along that stretch, including the entrance to the Hatherton Branch up to the first lock, and we also checked out Calfheath Marina.

Ken

Here are a couple more pics.

Given how distinctive the stern is, not only the skirt but also the two lockers either side of the door, it is hard to imagine easily disguising it.

The logo is on the blue on the back of the skirt.

post-5943-0-55874400-1469979385_thumb.jpg

post-5943-0-64764100-1469979434_thumb.jpg

Even more distinctive upside down!

Edited by Yank on the Cut

I'm repeately struck by the unusual storage boxes on the back, and by the fact that the other stolen boat from last week has the same sort of unusual boxes.

I can't imagine how or why there might be a connection, but given the rarity of this type of box, it is really odd that two boats with boxes the same should both go missing within days of each other.

Just saying, in case others can see a connection I'm missing.

Thanks for the update re pics. I think the rear skirt is so distinctive that it would have been covered up by a tarp, otherwise disguised or even removed by now. I feel the pics of the window/hatch layout are more useful as they too are quite unusual. I am fairly certain that superficially the boat will look quite different by now so one would need to use a little imagination regarding possible sightings.

Ken

• Greenie 1

Completely new to the forum and gutted for the loss of your boat.

Linz and I along with Nick and Anne are off up the caldon at the end of the week (hopefully your boat will have been found by then) but we will be keeping a look out!

A lock keeper from Woodend Lock past Fradley junction has been showing pictures of our boat to people going through the locks, and someone says they think they saw it opposite Countrywide Boats at Brewood on the South Staffordshire Canal on Thursday the 21st of July . I am sending the flier to all the marinas and boatyards and northern canals. If any of you are up that way please keep looking thank you.

A lock keeper from Woodend Lock past Fradley junction has been showing pictures of our boat to people going through the locks, and someone says they think they saw it opposite Countrywide Boats at Brewood on the South Staffordshire Canal on Thursday the 21st of July . I am sending the flier to all the marinas and boatyards and northern canals. If any of you are up that way please keep looking thank you.

aka Shropshire Union canal.

We came through Breward yesterday having been keeping an eye out since Hurlston Junction. If it went that way it's either gone up the Llangollen (I would think unlikely) continued on towards Chester and Ellesmere Port or (more likely) joined the T & M via Middlwhich and could be on the northern waterways now.

Ken

i had a look in .lime farm marina.and theres nothing there like what we are looking for, they have pulled the shutters down on the dry dock so cant see inside.

Thanks to both of you who followed that up- my mistake- but no harm in a second look.

I have just phoned the police and they do not know of the recovery of the narrowboat. PC Dutton who is dealing with it is only on tonight, then not back until Thursday! Please keep looking and if anyone is going through Fradley auction could a message be passed to Louise to say our boat has not been found, cannot find any numbers to ring and no time to get to Fradley before they go, we do not want people to stop looking. Many thanks, how disappointing! Just emailed Flier to all boatyards and marinas on the Thames and Trent Rivers. Most of the canals covered now should he stop for fuel or pump out.

I have been sharing on Twitter & just received a message it has been found? Is this true??

@canal_network

not reading what she wrote no.

Not seen it today on the mid lower gu owl and Hamilton came passed the other way so they may have seen it if it came south along the gu as they were going opposite direction to us.