* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

We are on the soar just north of syston. Not spotted it, but we're not always aboard of course, however we have a very observant boatyard right on the water here, who are aware of the theft, and I'm sure one of them would spot it if it came through. Will continue to look out though, and local friends also aware.

WALK AND TALK THE TOWPATH, SATURDAY 30TH JULY

LET'S GET OUR BOAT BACK

Moorers at Mercia Marina are getting organised to walk the towpaths across our area, checking moored boats, talking to people they meet and handing out small flyers that we are preparing. The more people who know the boat is missing and know what it looks like, the better. So we're wondering if the CWDF network would like to join us and spread the Walk and Talk across the canals and rivers. If you would, then message me your email (DON'T post it on the open Forum!) with an idea of where you would be walking/boating/talking and we will send you the leaflet by Friday evening. That way we can mark up a map and see how much of the country we can cover as a huge group on one single day.

The boat may now have been abandoned and just sitting, neatly moored, in the middle of nowhere or tucked into a quiet corner of a little used bit of water. So we're encouraging everyone to check all boats for the distinctive Stenson Stern and window configuration (the colours may have been changed of course). And to pass the word. This will all be on the leaflet we email. We will be talking to boaters, leaving leaflets with Volunteer Lockkeepers, Marinas, Boatyards, Boat Clubs, handing them to walkers, joggers, cyclists, fishermen and would ask that you do the same across your home stretch.

If you can help, thank you. I'm sure that with a concentrated search from thousands of pairs of eyes, our boat will be found.

(words by Jo James - thanks Jo!)

• Greenie 3

Hi all

Frustratingly we have left Atherstone! It may have been sign written by now. The boat in question is called the dog and duck, please could you compare the configuration of the Windows etc, to the ones in our photo? Thank you, and apologies to the owner if this is not our boat. We have been intouch with the Atherstone lock keepers and they are being contacted by the CaRT. also Police informed that this may be a possibility, thank you all so much,

Chris and Graham

Well done! I am surprised that it hasn't turned up yet, but it will be difficult for the errant boat to escape the scrutiny of so many pairs of eyes.

Unlikely, perhaps, but if it's proceeding through the Middle Level it will pass the end of our garden.. I will keep a look out.

Edited by Athy

Nothing in the boat listing for "The Dog And Duck" and the only "Dog and Duck" is a widebeam.

http://canalplan.org.uk/boat/80259 is a narrowbeam "Dog & Duck"

http://canalplan.org.uk/boat/104302 is a narrowbeam "The Dog & Duck" stated to be by Stenson

So, this would appear to be a legitimate boat (unless they are trying to move the stolen boat disguised as the real one of that name)

search for " the dog & duck" and a 48' boat built by Stenson Boatbuilders is listed.

I've just found that too and it seems to match up with the boat we saw - it was a shorter than the average boat.

Is this a clever duplicate?

I'm frustrated that's can't do anything. I'm just south of Selby. In Yorkshire.

To all, please don't lose the impetuous and keep the hunt hot.

The boat up the ashby sounds suspicious. Could/might be the one Ditchcrawler sawearlier before modifications. I'm sure someone has thought of that.

Martyn

Not sure about the SB bit, but do these boats have a piece of curved flat bar on the side of the cabin where it comes onto the cruiser stern? if so we passed one fitting that description today on the Ashby before Market Boswell.

I will be heading back down tomorrow and will keep looking.

I have now done the full length of the Ashby and back. The boat I saw of that make and it definitely was that make has now left the Ashby unless they moved up overnight, but I didn't hear anyone pass. We are now Braunston bound.

Hi all

We have just confirmed that although the suspected boat. Dog and duck is nearly identical, it is a Stenson boat, details all the same except 48' registered legally, not ours I am afraid. Thanks all and particular Dave who followed them Down Atherstone locks as a gongoozala until we could establish it is not ours. Thank Dave.

Hi all

We have just confirmed that although the suspected boat. Dog and duck is nearly identical, it is a Stenson boat, details all the same except 48' registered legally, not ours I am afraid. Thanks all and particular Dave who followed them Down Atherstone locks as a gongoozala until we could establish it is not ours. Thank Dave.

Have you need able to establish from them their recent movements, to see which of the suspected sightings were likely to have been them?

Night time moving?

If any boat moves after dark then they are fools.

( I can almost hear the Benny Hill theme tune )

That's as may be, but it is perfectly legal to move at night, and even if it weren't that would be the least of the offences committed. rolleyes.gif

Tam

• Greenie 1

Night time moving?

If any boat moves after dark then they are fools.

( I can almost hear the Benny Hill theme tune )

I think you will find a number of fools on here then.

Bit gutted now, when i got to lock 5 it was just coming out, looked identical apart from name and some paint, gave the number to Chris who checked with CRT and confirmed the boat was legit, i then spotted an extra window.

So i guess the sighting at Hillmorton was correct and thats the boat that was spotted, walking and talking pays off, i gave my number to people yesterday afternoon around atherstone and had two calls informing me of the boat.

I shall be moving down the Ashby on Monday so will pay close attention.