* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

I have just come from the very top, I walked to the new bridge and I am now moored by the A5 to go to the Lime kiln for dinner. I have been keeping a very careful eye for them but no sign. It is possible that the boat seen at Hillmorton is the same one we saw on the Ashby yesterday, but I think things have moved on and I am trying to catch up.

Tomorrow I will be leaving the Ashby and heading for Braunston, so will keep a good lookout . Its only 5 miles from here to the junction with no winding points in between.

Can Mercia marina provide any more info?

They say they have cctv but not on pontoons so is this showing the car park or other entrances.

Is there a vehicle nearby that's not moved?

Even parked as far as stenson or burton?

You can walk straight into most marinas so did the thief arrive by bus?

Is there any possibility that the thief is a former employee?

please don't shout STUPID but if the stensen boat is so unique would it not be an idea for the boat builders to ring/email all clients that have the same style boat and ask if they would mind telling them where they were ...it just might help eliminate some of the sightings. Also we have an aqualine and if one passes me I shout snap (they can't hear me promise) but I can't recognise any other boat so it might be helpful if all Stenson owners are aware as they might spot it quicker than an idiot like me x

• Greenie 1

Chris, give spring haven marina a call in the morning, if the boat needs fuel this could be the place they stop, or up the Ashby you have trinity marina,Ashby boats and market Bosworth marina.

If you need my help tomorrow then please do call, I am more than wiling to help with my knowledge of that area.

One of our boats is on the Ashby at the moment and are looking out. Chris & Graham, hope it's soon found, I feel sure it can't stay hidden with so many looking. Social media and the boating community are unstoppable!

Hi chris and Graham do you know how much fuel was in your tank.you can then work out roughly how many miles it can go before it needs a refuel.A lot of boatyards want a declaration filled in when buying fuel.you could call /email all the fuel selling yards in a radius from mercia.Also txt the fuel boats to ask them to look out for it

Hi chris and Graham do you know how much fuel was in your tank.you can then work out roughly how many miles it can go before it needs a refuel.A lot of boatyards want a declaration filled in when buying fuel.you could call /email all the fuel selling yards in a radius from mercia.Also txt the fuel boats to ask them to look out for it

Half a tank they mentioned earlier. Not sure how big the tank is though.

Springwood Haven, perhaps?

Sorry, yes that's correct

• Greenie 1

Not seen it from gt hey wood to penkridge. Am 90%+ I saw it yesterday in the rugely area. I'm a professor of chemistry, so very observant. The boat I saw was in those colours with embossed stern. Of course MCC may well have made several with similar features, but this is the first one in 5 yrs of boating I've noticed, and I'm a proper geek... Will continue to keep my eyes out.

• Greenie 1

Not seen it from gt hey wood to penkridge. Am 90%+ I saw it yesterday in the rugely area. I'm a professor of chemistry, so very observant. The boat I saw was in those colours with embossed stern. Of course MCC may well have made several with similar features, but this is the first one in 5 yrs of boating I've noticed, and I'm a proper geek... Will continue to keep my eyes out.

I'm over that way for work tomorrow afternoon so if you (or indeed anyone else) do see anything PM me.

Edited by bigray

This sounds very sim to the other theft prob watches a marina and knows if someone is about not being funny but most locked boats look the same. We always lock our boat up especially at night even when still on it.

Were just outside cosgrove and mk to fenny so i cant be of any help i do hope you find it! Ill keep an eye out but as side im in the wrong direction we decided to head the other way

please don't shout STUPID but if the stensen boat is so unique would it not be an idea for the boat builders to ring/email all clients that have the same style boat and ask if they would mind telling them where they were ...it just might help eliminate some of the sightings. Also we have an aqualine and if one passes me I shout snap (they can't hear me promise) but I can't recognise any other boat so it might be helpful if all Stenson owners are aware as they might spot it quicker than an idiot like me x

Definitely not stupid but very sound advice.

I'm rubbish at recognising boat builds but know the distinctive features of a Doug Moore boat and know where to look a little more closely on passing for confirmation.

I wouldn't call the suggestion stupid but probably more impractical.

Not only would a call from sombody purporting to be from your boat builder completely out of the blue asking about your whereabouts likely worry some people you may end up ringing people who have given up boating for a number of reasons. Boats will have been sold on.

I don't think the design is particularly unique to a particular boat as I said very early on a couple of the features are pretty much trademark Stenson. The boat they had at Crick a few years ago had the very same rails and metal 'back' on the cruiser stern which is why I remember them.

Edited by MJG

I wouldn't call the suggestion stupid but probably more impractical.

Not only would a call from sombody purporting to be from your boat builder completely out of the blue asking about your whereabouts likely worry some people you may end up ringing people who have given up boating for a number of reasons. Boats will have been sold on.

I don't think the design is particularly unique to a particular boat as I said very early on a couple of the features are pretty much trademark Stenson. The boat they had at Crick a few years ago had the very same rails and metal 'back' on the cruiser stern which is why I remember them.

OK so on the first point an email rather than a telephone call with a link to this thread sorts that.

Job done and situation may be helped - if not it's definitely not harmed. What's wrong with that?

PS get your point about builds - some are deffo more distinctive than others and I admitted earlier I'm a duffer at recognising them but maybe, just maybe there is something particularly distinctive in their particular build? In our case it's looking for the DM on the dollies, or JJC on early ones.

It can't hurt but may help if they have similar peculiarities - just trying to seek different tools to help these people find their boat.

Edited by Ange

OK so on the first point an email rather than a telephone call with a link to this thread sorts that.

Job done and situation may be helped - if not it's definitely not harmed. What's wrong with that?

PS get your point about builds - some are deffo more distinctive than others and I admitted earlier I'm a duffer at recognising them but maybe, just maybe there is something particularly distinctive in their particular build? In our case it's looking for the DM on the dollies, or JJC on early ones.

It can't hurt but may help if they have similar peculiarities - just trying to seek different tools to help these people find their boat.

Great idea Tagulablue, I think. I have put in a call to Marion and Eddie of Stenson to ask if they can contact owners of that distinctive style to ask their whereabouts. It may work.

Edited by Yank on the Cut

Um, has anyone checked the Leicester section including the soar?

There are some odd boats around at this time of year and it is possible that the boat may have gone thro braunston and foxton unnoticed .

Once in 20 mile there are lots of remote locations including welford arm and harborough?

Um, has anyone checked the Leicester section including the soar?

There are some odd boats around at this time of year and it is possible that the boat may have gone thro braunston and foxton unnoticed .

Once in 20 mile there are lots of remote locations including welford arm and harborough?

Hopefully, someone will come on soon about Leicester. To answer your earlier points: we do not have recent male ex-employees (Mercia or nothing!). There is a strange car in the public area which I will follow up this morning and the problem with gates cctv is the same as at the canal entrance which is we need a date to check or we will be watching almost in real time for weeks.

The car idea may be a thread to go on duck!

Why do marinas not try the hotel/b and b idea and get guests and resident moored to register all vehicles number plates at time of booking/ mooring so that odd ones out can be identified

The car idea may be a thread to go on duck!

Why do marinas not try the hotel/b and b idea and get guests and resident moored to register all vehicles number plates at time of booking/ mooring so that odd ones out can be identified

When we moored at Mercia they were just bringing in such a scheme, ISTR you were issued with a windscreen sticker with your boat name - I don't know how far it progressed or if it is still in force as it was four years ago.

Edited by MJG

When we moored at Mercia they were just bringing in such a scheme, I don't know how far it progressed or if it is still in force as it was four years ago.

Yes we have it and we obtain regs when people take up a berth but we rely on people telling us when they change vehicles. We also have windscreen stickers. But the public area car parks are a different matter. The one I mentioned is in the public area. Anyway, it has only been there a few days so not a lead.

Just bumping this comment, in case the sightings around Atherstone don't come to anything.

Will take a look around the Rugeley area on my way to work, but is anyone passing by boat who might be able to get to the places between the road bridges?

Really hope this is found soon.

Nick