* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

But is anyone passing the replies to the OP

"Carl Lawson We definitely saw a boat that colour and with that back styled back end. Just south of great Haywood around midday today it was moored at the time"

Out of my control in the groups. Many are not cwdf members so couldn't post here readily. If I see anything noteworthy I will copy and paste here. Suggest the owners get onto all the canal and narrowboat groups they can on Facebook, there maybe help there for them.

Thank you all for your help and messages, thanks ditch crawler. If any one sees our boat please call us on O794IO7823I. Extra information - our boat has a tv aerial roof mounted, flat white plastic disc type with a telescopic aerial. The Stern of the boat is angular with a monogram SB cut into the metalwork. The fenders are three solid tubular double lengths which trail in the water. Thank you all. We are staying in the area as long as we can. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Lady Cassandra
Phone number edited to deter data-gathering bots

Hi all

The boat may be heading down the Stafford and Worcester canal from gt. Heywood. Thank you all for your posts. I am struggling to join in on Facebook, but appreciate all your help, especially Carl. Thanks!

That is exactly where last weeks stollen boat went and was found.

Coincidence?

If they are intent on leaving the area then I'd suggest that 150 miles a week is easily attainable - I seem to recall you making some long passages in a very short time.

Well he only managed to get our boat from Pollington in the North to Weedon on the GU in that sort of time frame.......pah..........;)

Coincidence?

It is all starting to look increasingly like there is a connection.

Coincidence?

There seems to be a awful lot of similarity between this and Chilton. Looking at the Chilton thread it seems that was stolen on perhaps the 17th or so, do we know exactly when this one was taken? Could it actually have been before Chilton?

Saw a very similar boat yesterday.. Noted the unusual metal stern with imprinted logo, and wondered what it said!

I went from Alrewas to Great Haywood yesterday. It was moored on the left, heading north. My guess is hansacre/rugely area.

Colour was same on rear, can't vouch for the rest, as it was the rear I stared at..

Saw a very similar boat yesterday.. Noted the unusual metal stern with imprinted logo, and wondered what it said!

I went from Alrewas to Great Haywood yesterday. It was moored on the left, heading north. My guess is hansacre/rugely area.

Colour was same on rear, can't vouch for the rest, as it was the rear I stared at..

There seems to be a awful lot of similarity between this and Chilton. Looking at the Chilton thread it seems that was stolen on perhaps the 17th or so, do we know exactly when this one was taken? Could it actually have been before Chilton?

Unfortunately, we do not know the exact date yet. Some neighbouring boaters say 1 week ago and others 2 weeks. It was at the time unremarkable as it was done so casually.

Hi all

The boat may be heading down the Stafford and Worcester canal from gt. Heywood. Thank you all for your posts. I am struggling to join in on Facebook, but appreciate all your help, especially Carl. Thanks!

We are currently at Audlem heading towards Autherly Junction and then to Great Heywood. Will keep an eye out.

Ken

We are presently at Alrewas, heading for Great Haywood and then the Staffs and Worcs. We're probably too far behind but will keep an eye out in case it doubles back like Chilton.

Meanwhile, I'll report this on the blog and alert the Braidbar Owners Group who are all over the system.

We are presently at Alrewas, heading for Great Haywood and then the Staffs and Worcs. We're probably too far behind but will keep an eye out in case it doubles back like Chilton.

Meanwhile, I'll report this on the blog and alert the Braidbar Owners Group who are all over the system.

I'm 5 miles south of Norbury and heading to Market Drayon today so will keep my eyes peeled as it seems to be heading same direction as the last....

Thanks Bruce. It seems to be narrowing down but if they are near you it is odd they have not managed to get farther. Maybe this is a different boat but if so it needs eliminating.

There was a thread a few years ago on here about lock bumping - which is a method used by Theves to open Yale locks. Apparently needs a newish lock and a special key. Opens it as fast as the correct key apparently.

We're on the South Oxford - we'll keep an eye out in case.

My boaty neighbour is coming up from Stourport back to Fradley over the next few days, I have alerted him to the thread so he wil hopefully cover this canal by the weekend ..... Not what the poor owners want to read but as others have said even on a boat big distances can be made as we all know with 10 hour plus days.

Let's hope the combined eyes of the canal community can find this boat.

Nev

There was a thread a few years ago on here about lock bumping - which is a method used by Theves to open Yale locks. Apparently needs a newish lock and a special key. Opens it as fast as the correct key apparently.

We're on the South Oxford - we'll keep an eye out in case.

Yes I remember this too. There is an electric tool locksmiths (and burglars) use that bumps the lock open in about half a second. Even scarier than than a cordless grinder for illustrating how insecure your boat is!

Plenty of videos on youtube of Yale lock bumping.

So are we SURE this bloke uses a key to get in? Or might this just be an assumption given the speed with which he gains access?

..... Not what the poor owners want to read but as others have said even on a boat big distances can be made as we all know with 10 hour plus days.

Doesn't need that long a day either, image is the output of a tracker that is on a friends boat, they left coventry on friday evening and runs up to 10:45 today (I think they have stopped for shopping at the min).

they have been stopped for the day by around 4pm each day

post-9998-0-39271000-1469615444_thumb.jpg

Yes I remember this too. There is an electric tool locksmiths (and burglars) use that bumps the lock open in about half a second. Even scarier than than a cordless grinder for illustrating how insecure your boat is!

Plenty of videos on youtube of Yale lock bumping.

So are we SURE this bloke uses a key to get in? Or might this just be an assumption given the speed with which he gains access?

The boaters who saw him walking down the pontoon to the boat and going aboard said he had keys but they were not watching out of suspicion but normal boater watching. They mention of keys maybe misleading but he did know the look of the boat even though he did not know where in the marina it was.

The boaters who saw him walking down the pontoon to the boat and going aboard said he had keys but they were not watching out of suspicion but normal boater watching. They mention of keys maybe misleading but he did know the look of the boat even though he did not know where in the marina it was.

A previous owner, perhaps? Or did the current owners buy it new?

Was there any dispute about ownership perhaps? A couple separating might each consider it 'their boat' and try to keep it out of the clutches of the other party.