Sterling 1800w quasi inverter beeeeeep

Featured Posts

Just a quick one... Or so I hope. When using the inverter for the evening for the last few trips out the overheat light and alarm activates when I switch off the plug socket for the TV/fan/whatever I've been using. The fans on the inverter kick in and after a minute or two all is well again and it goes to sleep. Anyone know why this might be and how to avoid it?

It came with the second hand boat I bought so unfortunately it's going to be well outside of guarantee. Would it be something I could get repaired either through Stirling or elsewhere?

I just tried it again today, each time I switched something off at the socket the fans kicked in for a minute or so but no overheat alarm, so not quite sure what was different this time. Would it be normal for the temperature of the inverter to suddenly increase when the load is dropped?

As with many things now, it would probably be cheaper to replace than repair.

Inverters warm up gradually and cool gradually, no sudden changes and if there was, the fans should counteract it.

The beep / overheat sounds a bit strange (is there good ventilation? )

The fans seem to come on and go fairly randomly on mine.

If it's working then what's the problem? although I guess it could be sign somethings on its way out but you might as well see what happens.

Worth checking the ventilation and that the fans aren't clogged with dust and fluff

Edited by jonathanA

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late to post but mine does exactly the same, can be sat lightly loaded so cool but when you turn off the last device the fans kick in for about 5 minutes. My unit is 5 years old and identical to the OP's

Edit: mine doesn't beep though.

Edited by arcsyst