Crane spotting tomorrow.

Gary Peacock

Featured Posts

• 3 months later...

This 57' x 11'6" beasty will be going on the water tomorrow.

SM1.jpg

SM2.jpg

SM3.jpg

The crane will be here from about 8am and the web cameras will be running for the owners family to watch and you too if you fancy doing the same.

The cameras won't be on until tomorrow am so I will post the link then.

I know this is a really silly question but why don't you build them facing the door?

SteveE

Problem is we only have one door which we have already widened to the maximium we can.

At least it's better than it used to be-

lifting7.jpg

We could really need to look at moving again maybe away from the water where a more suitable building might be easier to find.

I'm wondering how many boats get launched straight into the water out of the shed, and how many go onto the back of a low loader heading for Europe?

If the majority of the boats you build go straight onto trailers heading for France or somewhere else by road then it'd make sense to be somewhere bigger, cheaper and with a good link to the roads/motorways.

• 3 weeks later...
Problem is we only have one door which we have already widened to the maximium we can.

At least it's better than it used to be-

lifting7.jpg

We could really need to look at moving again maybe away from the water where a more suitable building might be easier to find.

Good looking boat Gary, glad i wasnt doing the Appointed Person paperwork for that job !

• 1 year later...
It's stuck again and the forks can't lift it so we going to jack it up and get more rollers under.

The crane can't lift it because of the reach which is a pain.

Oh well, if you can't move it perhaps you could let it out as a holiday cottage.

Richard

It's in!

That wasn't exactly the most straightforward of lifts I have seen though.

It was nearly 10 ton heavier than calculated so someone must only have nine fingers!

LM6.jpg

LM7.jpg

Now it's on the water it can go for a nice long cruise on the Calder & Hebble.

Or can it? :lol:

After all it is the largest boat ever built on the Calder & Hebble.