Is Apollo Duck losing its relevance?

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, m11kyg said:

Not really, still a work in progress... However, when ever i've clicked no a lot of sites have dumped me back to Google or the sites jsut don't work properly...

Yes refusing cookies on some sites does affect functionality.

That is not what you said though.

On 10/07/2016 at 18:15, magnetman said:

. I think apolloduck do free ads as well but FB can probably reach more potential customers and that effect could 'snowball' and kill of a lot of other sites. I wonder if the monopoly and mergers thing applies to the internet?

It does.  As of 2 days ago Google are in the US government's antitrust crosshairs.

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-is-a-search-monopoly-justice-department-says-in-landmark-antitrust-lawsuit/

Hopefully FaceBorg will be next 

Edited by bagginz

3 hours ago, m11kyg said:

I have bought it.

As for the cookies, all sites should do that as you are not meant to be able to look at them without accepting the cookies due to the GDPR regulations??

Interesting.   Every other site I have visited gives you the choice of accept or change your settings.   When I change my settings to block all cookies they let me in.   I would have thought GDPR was more likely to allow you to block cookies to keep your info more private.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, m11kyg said:

As for the cookies, all sites should do that as you are not meant to be able to look at them without accepting the cookies due to the GDPR regulations??

Having read on the GDPR website I think you are wrong.

To comply with the regulations governing cookies under the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive you must:

• Receive users’ consent before you use any cookies except strictly necessary cookies.
  • Provide accurate and specific information about the data each cookie tracks and its purpose in plain language before consent is received.
  • Document and store consent received from users.
  • Allow users to access your service even if they refuse to allow the use of certain cookies
  • Make it as easy for users to withdraw their consent as it was for them to give their consent in the first place.
  • Greenie 1

7 hours ago, Jerra said:

Having read on the GDPR website I think you are wrong.

To comply with the regulations governing cookies under the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive you must:

• Receive users’ consent before you use any cookies except strictly necessary cookies.
  • Provide accurate and specific information about the data each cookie tracks and its purpose in plain language before consent is received.
  • Document and store consent received from users.
  • Allow users to access your service even if they refuse to allow the use of certain cookies
  • Make it as easy for users to withdraw their consent as it was for them to give their consent in the first place.

Thanks for that, i've now changed the site config ?

2 hours ago, m11kyg said:

Thanks for that, i've now changed the site config ?

As soon as you go to list boats it comes up with the cookie dialog click decline and it disappears then reappears can't get any further 

34 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Having just looked at the 3 pages of narrow boats listed, 14 of them are wide boats!! I think you need to check your classifications.

To be fair if you look at listings on The Duck under the 'narrowboat' category it normally contains wide beams too. I think the category of listing is selected by the person placing the ad.