Is Apollo Duck losing its relevance?

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

For me the problem is that AD is a very poor site. Hard to navigate (no pun intended),

In what way? I look at it often, I look at boats by the make (listed down the left hand side) and there they all are - I can even choose the order in which they are displayed, e.g. latest additions, or pick one specific boat, such as "40 foot cruiser". I find it very easy to use, and I'm no computer boffin.

Some of the adverts are amateurish, but that's due to the private advertisers who are, after all, mostly amateurs, and not to AD itself.

Some of us (me) aren't on facebook.

According to this survey in today's Metro, if you are over 49 you are too old for Facebook (and you shouldn't be wearing trainers either). I guess that applies to a few of us here!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/12/survey-reveals-the-ages-when-you-can-no-longer-get-away-with-skinny-jeans-long-hair-and-liking-boy-bands-6001069/

I think there is still a huge place sites such as Apolo Duck, looks at Auto Trader and PistonHeads classifieds, all of my cars have come of one or other of the aforementioned two despite being fairly 'low value' cars that you might associate with eBay and cheaper listing options.

Apollo Duck itself does have quite a dated look and feel and lack the slick user interface people now expect, although is little worse on a mobile than it is on the desktop.

Daniel

Problem I've got with Apollo Duck is lack of funds for another boat!

Finish fit out on Halcyon, sell on Apaulling Muck, buy 'the other boat' from A M. Your problem solved......Err. Would that work?

The 'Duck site is a little shabby but a mate got a very good deal from the site in April though the advert didn't come down 'till about four weeks after the deal was done & dusted..

Finish fit out on Halcyon, sell on Apaulling Muck, buy 'the other boat' from A M. Your problem solved......Err. Would that work?

The 'Duck site is a little shabby but a mate got a very good deal from the site in April though the advert didn't come down 'till about four weeks after the deal was done & dusted..

I found my other boat on Apollo Duck, the layout feels a little outdated but to me it's the quaility of the photos and how much information is on the ad that interests me in a boat not the site that it's on.

• 4 years later...
20 minutes ago, m11kyg said:

Just came across this, if you're bored of the Duck the please feel free to try my site Boats For Sale. There is currently no charge for advertising ?

Have you boughtb the site ?

Last December you posted

"I only ask as it's not one i've seen before and i'm sellling my boat soon and since this one claims to be free i thought i'd ask the question and see if anyone has used it before?"

One way or the other it sounds a bit of  fib

1 minute ago, m11kyg said:

I have bought it.

As for the cookies, all sites should do that as you are not meant to be able to look at them without accepting the cookies due to the GDPR regulations??

Errrrr, are you 100% sure of that??

5 minutes ago, m11kyg said:

I have bought it.

As for the cookies, all sites should do that as you are not meant to be able to look at them without accepting the cookies due to the GDPR regulations??

5 minutes ago, m11kyg said:

I have bought it.

Coblers

1 minute ago, pete.i said:

Yet another web site I will not be using. Soon there wont be any I can use because of their cookie policies and I can finally dump my computer along with my telly.

You can blame the EU for that....  But then cookies have been around since the start of the web, Facebook collects god knows what so its something you can't avoid! 

18 minutes ago, m11kyg said:

I have bought it.

You can’t store cookies without the viewers consent, but there is no requirement to use cookies in the first place.