Does a Mooring Reset the 14 Days Rule ?

Greylady2

Featured Posts

Surely that argument would only apply to boat that is being lived aboard. If you use the boat at weekends and moor to the towpath during the week the boat isn't in use at least IMO it isn't.

Yes I can see it is acceptable to occasionally leave a boat moored in an area away from a home mooring. Alternatively if the boat is lived on and has to move every 14 days why does it need a mooring it can be a CCer.

CCing when not a live aboard fair enough you don't need a mooring strictly speaking but the boat is not in use for much of the time and so CRT have a point for possible argument.

Living aboard when not a CCer you need a mooring.

Incidentally I was aware of the facts but as it is a discussion forum I tried to simplify my statement.

Incidentally I am well aware of

You're wandering off into irrelevancy and confusion.

The question in hand is C&RT's flawed and absurd contention that a [home] mooring which happens to be at some considerable distance away from wherever a boat is in use, is a 'ghost' mooring, doesn't exist, doesn't permit daily use of the licensed/registered boat in the same small/limited area, and doesn't exempt the boat from having to comply with S.17(3)[c](ii) of the '95 Act.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

The crucial bit is that most of us have a peaceful time and a good life mucking about on the water.

Did you really mean what you've said in the last sentence of your post ? If so, I think your attitude stinks.

Don't see why. The OP was worrying about being hassled by CRT. I was pointing out that the vast majority of us don't get hassled by CRT, in fact we find them generally helpful. I'm not denying that some fall foul of misbehaviour, and they need support. (others, of course, misbehave themselves and then misrepresent themselves as injured parties). I am denying that it happens to everyone and that it's bound to happen to someone just starting out on a boat. It isn't, and it almost certainly won't. if it does, the support from those such as yourself and Nigel is invaluable.

It's just a fundamental mistake to start out by assuming everyone is out to get you. They're not. You (generic, not personal) may develop that attitude later, but it still doesn't make it true.

Did you really mean what you've said in the last sentence of your post ? If so, I think your attitude stinks.

That's rather severe, Tony: Mr. Marshall said that most boaters enjoy peaceful boating. Have you something against their enjoying themselves?

That's rather severe, Tony: Mr. Marshall said that most boaters enjoy peaceful boating. Have you something against their enjoying themselves?

No, of course not, but I do object to a philosophy that seems to be that the most

"crucial" thing to take away from this discussion is that everything's OK really because C&RT only persecute a selected minority.

No, of course not, but I do object to a philosophy that seems to be that the most

"crucial" thing to take away from this discussion is that everything's OK really because C&RT only persecute a selected minority.

If that minority choose to behave in a way that brings them to the attention of CRT then they can not really claim to be persecuted.

• Greenie 2

If that minority choose to behave in a way that brings them to the attention of CRT then they can not really claim to be persecuted.

The majority are willing to accept unlawful and underhand terms and conditions. Until it affects them of course, then they will be crying for help from the same people they didn't want to know before.

Not wht I meant. The original question was about someone worrying about whether they could expect grief with their boating pattern. They won't. Maybe I made the mistake of trying to stick to the point rather that indulge in ankther endless and pointless debate over whether crts actions or those of others break laws, guidelines, acceptable behaviour or whatever.

We already know they do, but that wasn't the point of the original question. Nigel's post above about the 14 days answers it completely.

The majority are willing to accept unlawful and underhand terms and conditions. Until it affects them of course, then they will be crying for help from the same people they didn't want to know before.

The only person crying for help seems to be you. Really you only have yourself to blame for your circumstances.

Unfortunately they are the ones who because the law is such a mess, force CRT to bend the interpretation of the law to sort them out. And thereby bollocks it up for the rest of us.

That is a well dodgy thing to say. Nobody is forcing CRT to bend the law. The whole point of the law is to keep safe everyone who lives under it. There is no justification for an authority to act outside the law.

As for your last sentence, are you up to something that you perhaps shouldn't be? Are you implying that we should all be worried in case CRT starts on us for complying with the law?

• Greenie 2

That is a well dodgy thing to say. Nobody is forcing CRT to bend the law. The whole point of the law is to keep safe everyone who lives under it. There is no justification for an authority to act outside the law.

As for your last sentence, are you up to something that you perhaps shouldn't be? Are you implying that we should all be worried in case CRT starts on us for complying with the law?

Your usual rubbish. There's no justification for ANYONE to act outside the law, but you and a few others only seem concerned about CRT. How odd. One would almost think you wanted the right to break the rules yourself whenever convenient without any comeback , but thats obviously nonsense...

And as for your last sentence, no, that's what Tony was suggesting, and I was opposing. I do wish you'd learn to read.

Edited by Arthur Marshall
  • Greenie 1

Actually, note to OP: Once Tony, onionbargee and spadefoot all get involved in a thread, there's no point in trying to discuss anything rationally because they just trade in insults (it's a bit unfair to include Tony in that because he has a lot of knowledge and expertise which fits around the unnecessary aggression). And as they aim (succesfully sometimes) to just wind people up into a row, I'm out of this thread.

Enjoy your boating. Do it thoughtfully and you'll have no problems.

• Greenie 2

The only person crying for help seems to be you. Really you only have yourself to blame for your circumstances.

Tell me exactly what I am to blame for ?

CRT lying about the wording of court orders ?

CRT breaking the law by cancelling a valid licence ?

CRT invoking a bylaw without any evidence, and not even following its due process ?

You want me to follow the law but CRT doesn't have to. What a stupid suggestion.

Actually, note to OP: Once Tony, onionbargee and spadefoot all get involved in a thread, there's no point in trying to discuss anything rationally because they just trade in insults (it's a bit unfair to include Tony in that because he has a lot of knowledge and expertise which fits around the unnecessary aggression). And as they aim (succesfully sometimes) to just wind people up into a row, I'm out of this thread.

Close the door on your way out.

CRT lying about the wording of court orders ? Why did you need that court order?

CRT breaking the law by cancelling a valid licence ? We still don't know all the facts on that as you seem unwilling to give them. We only have your very one sided view of the situation. Given your track record they may well have a very valid reason for the revoke.

CRT invoking a bylaw without any evidence, and not even following its due process ?

You want me to follow the law but CRT doesn't have to. What a stupid suggestion. Where was that suggested?

CRT lying about the wording of court orders ? Why did you need that court order? there you go excusing CRT lying about the law.

CRT breaking the law by cancelling a valid licence ? We still don't know all the facts on that as you seem unwilling to give them. We only have your very one sided view of the situation. Given your track record they may well have a very valid reason for the revoke. tell me what you think is missing ?

You want me to follow the law but CRT doesn't have to. What a stupid suggestion. Where was that suggested?

Edited by onionbargee

Your usual rubbish. There's no justification for ANYONE to act outside the law, but you and a few others only seem concerned about CRT. How odd. One would almost think you wanted the right to break the rules yourself whenever convenient without any comeback , but thats obviously nonsense...

And as for your last sentence, no, that's what Tony was suggesting, and I was opposing. I do wish you'd learn to read.

My usual rubbish? Well done for clarifying that no-one should act outside the law. Yes, I am concerned if CRT are breaking/bending laws. Problem? As far as I'm aware, I break no rules or T&Cs regarding boating.

My last sentence was a fairly simple & straightforward question.

Oh dear, toys out the pram again. Pretty sure that I made no insults in my post (unlike you) Pretty sure that I wound you up though. You're wound up because you have no answer to what I said. You like to sulk when people question your statements. That's down to your personality not mine. You could have just backed up your comments & put me straight. That would have been constructive.

Can I just point out that I have no connection to Tony or OB. Never met them, don't think I've ever done more than comment on their threads. Also, I have never personally had any adverse dealings with CRT, nor do I expect to.

* In your post #77 you have quoted me as saying the following :~

Tony Dunkley, on 29 Jun 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:snapback.png

The crucial bit is that most of us have a peaceful time and a good life mucking about on the water.

In the interests of accuracy and fact, it must be noted that the first sentence [in underlined bold above] was what YOU said in your post #60 of yesterday, and the second sentence, quoted above, is what I said in response to it.

If you are compelled to make statements such as this, and in the context in which it was made, then you should at the very least have the decency to stand by what you've said, rather than creating the impression that you are quoting someone else's views and sentiments.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

* In your post #77 you have quoted me as saying the following :~

Tony Dunkley, on 29 Jun 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:snapback.png

In the interests of accuracy and fact, it must be noted that the first sentence [in underlined bold above] was what YOU said in your post #60 of yesterday, and the second sentence, quoted above, is what I said in response to it.

If you are compelled to make statements such as this, and in the context in which it was made, then you should at the very least have the decency to stand by what you've said, rather than creating the impression that you are quoting someone else's views and sentiments.

Sorry, i should have put my bit in inverted commas to show it was a quote. I put it in afterwards (it obviously doesn't come up if you click the quote button) as I thought people might not realise what you were talking about and what i was responding to. I thought it was obvious that it was a quote from myself. I forgot that brains are occasionally in short supply on here, and that you prefer to take umbrage, behave like an enraged pitbull and sling accusations about rather than engage in discussion. It's bloody obvious that I wasn't trying to give anyone the wrong impression, and you are an intolerant idiot with a passion for needless aggression for even suggesting it.

I may get moderated for this post but you and a couple of other selfrighteous gits on here who seem only to want to slag people off have managed to annoy me muchly. Thank God I'm off on the boat for a couple of months with no net access - give me time to calm down and maybe you to learn a bit of humility.

Yes, i stand by what I said. The crucial point for the OP is that vast majority of boaters have no hassle with CRT and there is no reason fo a newcomer to suppose that they ever will.

• Greenie 3

I appreciate everyones help and good will, I guess Crt's unclarity and mislesding legislation brings up a heated debate.

I intend go boating respectfully but Crt if your reading this do me a favor ;

Make your rules clear and refined in a welcome pack to new and present boaters when they apply for a licence, blasting the average person with pages and pages of baffle and confusion just makes yourselves 'CRT' a lot of work and cost.

keep it basic and understandable please.

Edited by Greylady2

Sorry, i should have put my bit in inverted commas to show it was a quote. I put it in afterwards (it obviously doesn't come up if you click the quote button) as I thought people might not realise what you were talking about and what i was responding to. I thought it was obvious that it was a quote from myself. I forgot that brains are occasionally in short supply on here, and that you prefer to take umbrage, behave like an enraged pitbull and sling accusations about rather than engage in discussion. It's bloody obvious that I wasn't trying to give anyone the wrong impression, and you are an intolerant idiot with a passion for needless aggression for even suggesting it.

I may get moderated for this post but you and a couple of other selfrighteous gits on here who seem only to want to slag people off have managed to annoy me muchly. Thank God I'm off on the boat for a couple of months with no net access - give me time to calm down and maybe you to learn a bit of humility.

Yes, i stand by what I said. The crucial point for the OP is that vast majority of boaters have no hassle with CRT and there is no reason fo a newcomer to suppose that they ever will.

Although many boaters have not been directly contacted over suspected breaches of CRT's made up rules, I think it's fair to say many of us are a bit fed up with having to dance around them.

For example, feeling you should avoid revisiting the same mooring on a return trip just in case CRT's logging system flags you up as being there for over a month.

Feeling how stupid it is that some 14 day VM's are full up yet hardly any boats are moored up on made up 24h and 48h VM's which used to be 14 day.

Feeling you have to contact CRT for 'permission' when you have to overstay for a legitimate reason (even though it's still for less than 14 days).

For many, CRT's made up rules are adversely affecting our enjoyment. For a few others who feel CRT has harassed them, it is causing a lot of stress.

Mind you, I suppose it's over the head of those who are very stubborn and don't give a toss, Maybe I worry too much.

Thank you for all that, . . . . I haven't laughed so much in quite a while.

I hope you enjoy your couple of months boating and that your boat doesn't start leaking again around all the doublers you had to have welded on a while ago.

Of course, if it does, then C&RT may have to cancel your Licence on safety grounds, as they recently did with 'Tadworth'.

Edited by Tony Dunkley
  • Greenie 1

Actually Arthur, according to CaRT's latest boater survey, some 45% of boaters say that those they speak to are critical of the trust with just 20% saying that people speak positively about it.

Have a good holiday.

Actually Arthur, according to CaRT's latest boater survey, some 45% of boaters say that those they speak to are critical of the trust with just 20% saying that people speak positively about it.

Have a good holiday.

Self selecting set of respondents though. People looking for a moan are FAR more likely to respond than those who have no problems and therefore nothing to say.

Although many boaters have not been directly contacted over suspected breaches of CRT's made up rules, I think it's fair to say many of us are a bit fed up with having to dance around them.

For example, feeling you should avoid revisiting the same mooring on a return trip just in case CRT's logging system flags you up as being there for over a month.

Feeling how stupid it is that some 14 day VM's are full up yet hardly any boats are moored up on made up 24h and 48h VM's which used to be 14 day.

Feeling you have to contact CRT for 'permission' when you have to overstay for a legitimate reason (even though it's still for less than 14 days).

For many, CRT's made up rules are adversely affecting our enjoyment. For a few others who feel CRT has harassed them, it is causing a lot of stress.

Mind you, I suppose it's over the head of those who are very stubborn and don't give a toss, Maybe I worry too much.

Yet you still fail to notice that there are people who are still genuinely happy and continue to go about their boating enjoying themselves.

Most people are not harrassed by CRT.