Braunston 2016

Ray T

Featured Posts

Now I know who you are Ray. I was the guy who got you confused with someone else called David. We saw Mike going round in the parade later. We were a little concerned that both of you were going to end up in the Cut on the way to the boat.

Hello, today went like a blur for me. I met so many of Mikes contempories I have forgotten who is who!

I have photo's of most of the folks I met and Mike will put me right on Wednesday when I visit him.

I have unfortunately had practice at pushing a chair as my first late wife was in one for a while.

I'm glad you and your friend enjoyed your day Ray. Please post some more of your pics when you get a chance

Ta

B~

Spot the "real" boater.

Mike with his roll up.

Arn't half big coming straight at you!

Edited by Ray T

It was a bit wet on the parade this morning, I will post a few photos when I get home tomorrow.

We have somehow managed to end up with no practical camera we can use on the parades.

If it rains as much as yesterday, cameras may not fare too well anyway!

Some pics from Saturday.. :) Not sure if the link works right? so if it lands on the top of my fb page just scroll down past the EU and Rottweiler stuff to the Boat album :) Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1019073461503508&set=ms.c.eJxFztkRAzEIA9COMshcov~%3BGsrAm~_fQbIwmCklQLuKgLP3ghvcGyLpicAT8LUCIFkgtqDcJYyBgwu~_BgZ6juDzcaNUK3xSkDv9AA~_uSYLvgsRe3S6BQNxw5LIRHFP5xqyMKCT62drU1Khz6TLzzvAdcvkcg5zw~-~-.bps.a.1019073401503514.1073741955.100002025922927&type=3&theater

Edited by rivergate

We have somehow managed to end up with no practical camera we can use on the parades.

July Waterways World page 68 the do a selection of cameras

No, I have not made myself clear! I own cameras, but somehow none of them are with us on the boats!

I was there yesterday & got absolutely drenched ☔⚡?.However,it was great to actually meet Richard & Sue (the Tawnies).Bought some books+ some cheese. Before we got to Braunston,we had a detour to the canal shop at Hillmorton for a chimney collar which was a strange size.What a fab place -spent £80+ on goodies including a Dunton double+ windlass which Paul has fancied for ages ! (Part of his birthday pressies?).It is a brill place with a pub next to it.Highly recommend.

No, I have not made myself clear! I own cameras, but somehow none of them are with us on the boats!

Are that's a different sort of problem, I did consider getting one just to leave on the boat but then I would forget to take the photos home.

I was there yesterday & got absolutely drenched ☔⚡.However,it was great to actually meet Richard & Sue (the Tawnies).Bought some books+ some cheese. Before we got to Braunston,we had a detour to the canal shop at Hillmorton for a chimney collar which was a strange size.What a fab place -spent £80+ on goodies including a Dunton double+ windlass which Paul has fancied for ages ! (Part of his birthday pressies).It is a brill place with a pub next to it.Highly recommend.

I dont rate the pub much

It was good to be at Braunston Again, albeit it without a boat !

Thanks to Peter and Laura on STANTON for taking us on the boat parade on Saturday.

This is the first time since the 1980's that Kestrel has not attended the Braunston Show, and the first time for donkey's years that it has rained so much.

Great to see so many friends ..........

Margaret CUMMINGS (O'CALLAGHAN)

Photos from Saturdays parade on flicker link below. Sickle doing its best to cause chaos. Sorry for the ones I missed but camera & small grandson malfunctioned when lightening was overhead & brolly sprang a leak. Big thanks to everyone taking part. Good to see some different boats

I was there yesterday & got absolutely drenched ☔⚡.

I got soaked to the skin three times, but I don't mind providing it is not cold - which it wasn't. Whilst sheltering under Butchers Bridge at 19:30 yesterday during a particularly heavy shower I heard what must be the two great quotes of the show:

ducks can't fly when they are wet.

the canal has to be dredged to stop the build up of seaweed.

and these quotes were from middle aged people that had got off a boat - and it was a serious conversation, so clearly I did not get involved captain.gif

Are that's a different sort of problem, I did consider getting one just to leave on the boat but then I would forget to take the photos home.

I dont rate the pub much

It sells cider ☺( Paul was driving )

I got soaked to the skin three times, but I don't mind providing it is not cold - which it wasn't. Whilst sheltering under Butchers Bridge at 19:30 yesterday during a particularly heavy shower I heard what must be the two great quotes of the show:

ducks can't fly when they are wet.

the canal has to be dredged to stop the build up of seaweed.

and these quotes were from middle aged people that had got off a boat - and it was a serious conversation, so clearly I did not get involved captain.gif

OMG...

One more thing, I would like to thank the owners and Forum members that took the time to speak with me and answer my endless questions regarding acquisition / disposal / engine serial numbers e.t.c. throughout the course of the weekend.

I think I have made a few new friends this weekend, and it is always nice to put a face to a name captain.gif

Photos from Saturdays parade on flicker link below. Sickle doing its best to cause chaos. Sorry for the ones I missed but camera & small grandson malfunctioned when lightening was overhead & brolly sprang a leak. Big thanks to everyone taking part. Good to see some different boats

Nah - not us!

The problem was other steerers failing to correctly read our intentions!

(And being pedantic, its not actually the boat that causes problems - more whoever is at the tiller).

As debutants this year, I'd just like to say that we had an absolutely fantastic time, Saturday's deluges notwithstanding, and thank you to everyone, including several forum members, who made us so very welcome throughout the weekend. Especial thanks to Pete Harrison for his generous filling in the blanks of my patchy GU history. Looking forward to doing it all again next year.

Oh, and Mrs Tawny Owl makes a cracking biscuit!