Non EU Diesel

Midnight

Featured Posts

One thing is certain and that's that the government is going to need every penny of tax they can raise, so I think we'll find that diesel will all be taxed at ths higher rate before too long.

Agreed.

From here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36537906

During the referendum the Vote Leave campaign said it wanted to remove the 5% VAT charge on domestic fuel that is currently required by the EU. But it is not clear how - or when - that could be achieved.

Also: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36621927

Drivers could face higher petrol and diesel prices as a result of the vote to leave the EU, retailers suggest.

Brian Madderson, chairman of the Petrol Retailers Association, said that a rise of 2p-3p a litre was on the cards.

He said the plunge in the value of the pound against the dollar would have an immediate impact, as wholesale fuel prices are quoted in dollars.

The rises were likely to be implemented on forecourts next week, he said.

That was because the increase would apply to some deliveries made from this weekend.

Haven't seen any sign of "The Fat Lady" wanting to sing yet !!!!

Edited by Ray T

From here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36537906

During the referendum the Vote Leave campaign said it wanted to remove the 5% VAT charge on domestic fuel that is currently required by the EU. But it is not clear how - or when - that could be achieved.

So? Just like the 350 million for the NHS... Remind me again how you can tell when a politician's lying... Edited by Arthur Marshall

The vote leave campaign can promise what they like as only the government with parliamentary approval can make a budget etc.

So they will never be held to account for their promises which the media never really pulled them up on.

Added

This is I think a statement of fact and not a political opinion

Edited by Chewbacka

Interestingly my heating oil actually dropped 0.5 pence/Lt this month the same price as May and 5 pence higher than the lowest it has been, in the mean time petrol at the pumps has gone up by 13 pence

It stated on one of the News Programs on the radio today that if we give notice to leave then the UK has to decide what its going to do about all the EU directives and whether to drop them or put them into UK law, so I guess it will get picked up there along with the Recreational Craft Directive

Noty quite. These laws are generally actually UK laws - they bare the EU texts written into UK law by parliament. Hence there will be no need, automatically, to have to do anything about them until such time as there is good reason. The legislative process will be pretty blocked up anyway so don't expect action any time soon.

Not canals, but our lumpy water brethren are affected too. I imagine that Belgium will still prosecute any UK yotties who arrive there with red diesel in their tanks.

Regardless or whether we are in the EU or not.

They do that at the moment.

OK so the country has voted to leave does that now mean we boaters will see an end to the stupid EU driven policy of the diesel split charge?

If HMRC ever get their teeth into this, there's one simple obvious solution. Two tanks, white in one, red in the other for diesel burning heaters. Same as everyone who runs a diesel car and oil fired central heating.

If you heat radiators and calorifiers option A is use white diesel, option B is take 'em out.

Sorry - I see no reason for boat dwellers to get a break on this.

• Greenie 1

Where are you getting this information from as that doesn't correlate with what the news outlets are saying.

The media seem to enjoy bigging up misery, so they latch onto everything that suggests it, until its no longer vaguely justified, with little regard for actual facts.

However, the pound is flatlining against the euro and the dollar, which seems to suggest some kind of intervention.

The vote leave campaign can promise what they like as only the government with parliamentary approval can make a budget etc.

So they will never be held to account for their promises which the media never really pulled them up on.

Added

This is I think a statement of fact and not a political opinion

I heard people like Andrew Neil and similar giving representatives of the Leave campaign a hard time over their lies, (as they did the Remain campaign), and they gave the usual fudge of non-answers which makes it obvious to anyone with a modicum of sense that they cant answer the question with the truth.

But for all the media tried to get the truth, they kept spouting their lies, because people hear what they want to hear, and some just beleive what they hear if they hear it often enough.

It strikes me that the Leave campaign told better lies, or economies with the truth, which pandered to more people, than the Remain campaign, which is how it has always seemed with the various parties at election times.

• Greenie 1