Elsan at Braunston - Out of order.

Martyndj

Featured Posts

Its an Elsan. Elson are a company that makes water heaters.

They are probably coming to regret naming themselves so similarly to the bog manufacturer!

(Edit to add: Post redundant now Dan has amended the spelling error in the thread title!)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Its an Elsan. Elson are a company that makes water heaters.

They are probably coming to regret naming themselves so similarly to the bog manufacturer!

As it is somebody's first post on the forum, perhaps avoid pedant mode, until they have got used to our humour?

Welcome Martyndj, and thanks for the info.

Hopefully it will get fixed before next weekend's big Historic Boat gathering, as it would normally be much in demand for that weekend!

As it is somebody's first post on the forum, perhaps avoid pedant mode, until they have got used to our humour?

Good point, I handn't noticed Martyndj was a new boy.

You're very welcome martyndj. Welcome also to call me a speeling nazi!

(Being a boating plumber I regularly encounter the products of both companies, which is why it particulary grates for me.)

I used to have a friend called Dave Elson. He was rather boastful, so people reckoned that he was full of sh...

But I digress. Thanks, Martyn, for the info. Fortunately, Braunston has its fair share of facilities: there is an Elsan disposal facility between the Turn and the Marina, for instance.

hadn't ! laugh.png

One man's "pedantry" is another man's accuracy!

I used to have a friend called Dave Elson. He was rather boastful, so people reckoned that he was full of sh...

But I digress. Thanks, Martyn, for the info. Fortunately, Braunston has its fair share of facilities: there is an Elsan disposal facility between the Turn and the Marina, for instance.

but that is the nearest one to the Stop House wink.png and my reading of the first post is the one out of order.

Surely that is the one which has been reported as out of order. AFAIK there are only two public disposal facilities in Braunston, one near bridge 91 (A45), and one at the junction next to Midland Chandlers, all the other disposal points are privately owned by boatyards/marina. The next nearest public one is at the top of the flight.

Edited to add:- Bottle beat me to it.

Edited by David Schweizer

Surely that is the one which has been reported as out of order. AFAIK there are only two public disposal facilities in Braunston, one near bridge 91 (A45), and one at the junction next to Midland Chandlers, all the other disposal points are privately owned by boatyards/marina. The next nearest public one is at the top of the flight.

Edited to add:- Bottle beat me to it.

Yep just those 2. The one by the A45/Stop House always seems to be getting blocked, that must be half a dozen times at least this year.

Ah, so it's not at the Stop House after all, how confusing. I thought there was one behind the building, perhaps it's just a rubbish dump (no, no, I didn't get the purpose of the two things confused).

We generally us the one beside Swindlers, although it's hard to get to if there's more than one boat already moored there.

Ah, so it's not at the Stop House after all, how confusing. I thought there was one behind the building, perhaps it's just a rubbish dump (no, no, I didn't get the purpose of the two things confused).

We generally us the one beside Swindlers, although it's hard to get to if there's more than one boat already moored there.

They refer to it as the Stop House elsan, but it is just along from there near the A45 bridge along with a water point. At the Stop House its self there is a water point and rubbish disposal.

At Braunston turn next to Midland Chandlers there is water, elsan and rubbish disposal.

So did I, a sparky and a drummer in a band

Different fellow. This one was at various times an interior designer, a DJ and a restaurateur. A pity, it would have been quite a coincidence!

I think 'John' is an Americanism for an elsan.

Rog

Or just any "rest room" I think.

I recall there was once a time when two names were sufficiently big in American that it was claimed the "Gents" was often called the "Elton" and the "Ladies" the "Olivia Newton".

(Or maybe not..... I wasn't there to check the validity of this, I admit!)

Or just any "rest room" I think.

I recall there was once a time when two names were sufficiently big in American that it was claimed the "Gents" was often called the "Elton"

Hmm, could have been some confusion there.