Waterways World 1984-1990

Duchess

Featured Posts

Hi

I just wondered whether anyone has any collections of WW mid to late 80's that I could look through as I am still on the trail to find out who bought Daisy Ashford from WFBC around 1985/6

This is of course a long shot but anything might help.

I have two names to find and 3 to catch up with, they will all have known the boat as Jessica.

thanks for reading

Daisy Ashford was advertised in a semi-display advert for WFBC in the classified ads section of the September 1985 edition of Waterways World.

It read:

“DAISY ASHFORD”

70-FT all steel converted narrowboat. New steel cabin and refit 1983. Shower, gas heating, fully fitted galley with double s/s sink, fridge freezer, pump out toilet etc. Lister HR2. 10 berth. Ideal school or youth organisation boat. £20,000 ono

In the November 1985 WW the price had dropped to £18,000

In the July 1986 WW the price had dropped to £16,950

In the September 1986 WW the price had dropped to £16,000

September 1986 was the last month the boat was advertised.

Hope the information helps.

• 4 years later...

Many thanks

somehow I missed this reply

im very grateful. That sort of nails my dates a bit better. I now know that there are possibly 3 owners between 1986 and 1990 I have from 1989

so I have two names of those 3 to find, the third was called Appleby (William I think) From Beeston.