Braunston Historic Narrowboat Rally

Featured Posts

No one seems to have started a thread this year about the Historic Boat Rally due to be held at Braunston Marina next weekend, so I thought I would start one in the hope that someone will fill in the details.

One feature of this years show will be a display of work by the late Ron Hough in the Canal Artists tent. I will be contributing some examples of his work, and have agreed to help staff the display, so please pop along and say hello.

Edited by David Schweizer

I will be there with "my" historic narrowboat Captain on the Saturday.

I haven't got a historic narrowboat but I am able to carry on a conversation with Mike.

I will be there with "my" historic narrowboat Captain on the Saturday.

I haven't got a historic narrowboat but I am able to carry on a conversation with Mike.

Love to Mike will see you both on Sat

We won't be at the rally unfortunately but will be in Braunston tomorrow (Monday) night when we hope to visit the admiral Nelson and I need to go up to the village to replenish some stocks

When we came through a few days ago there were notices about moorings being suspended from 19th

Will we be able to moor for 1night only outside the marina or would we be be better mooring in a lock pound?

We won't be at the rally unfortunately but will be in Braunston tomorrow (Monday) night when we hope to visit the admiral Nelson and I need to go up to the village to replenish some stocks

When we came through a few days ago there were notices about moorings being suspended from 19th

Will we be able to moor for 1night only outside the marina or would we be be better mooring in a lock pound?

We are moored way back towards Rugby. All the moorings from us to the junction are full

Richard

Ah thanks for the info Richard

Looks like a lock pound :-)

They will be setting up the Historics from tomorrow, so four boat will come out of the marina and into position for the weekend

Richard

I know of at least one boat which won't be there till Friday

Do you think they would notice that kelpie is not a working boat? If you are on board when we go past Richard we will say hello

We saw Tawny Owl on our way down last week

Haggis

I know of at least one boat which won't be there till Friday

Do you think they would notice that kelpie is not a working boat? If you are on board when we go past Richard we will say hello

We saw Tawny Owl on our way down last week

Haggis

At Polesworth?

I hope you admired her shiny new counter bands (and ignored the shabby cabin paint)

Richard

At Polesworth?

I hope you admired her shiny new counter bands (and ignored the shabby cabin paint)

Richard

Sorry we just said "oh there's Tawny Owl a long way from her mooring" :-)

Haggis sitting at the bottom of Buckby hoping the rain goes off before morning

Scorpio should be on route during the week after being at Foxton for the weekend. I will be there on Saturday, feel free to come along and say hello. I'll probably be seeing what a mess I can make of going around the parade.

Scorpio should be on route during the week after being at Foxton for the weekend. I will be there on Saturday, feel free to come along and say hello. I'll probably be seeing what a mess I can make of going around the parade.

I shall be there to record the evidence if you do mess it up!

It's too far to bring the boat so I shall indeed bring the Italian supercar.

JP

I'm attending on Friday afternoon, delivering and collecting some painted ware for various customers. Another commitment gets in the way of Saturday and Sunday. You may see me around....carrying the can, as usual!

Cheers

Dave

I may recognise you Pete, but it is almost twenty years since we met.

A lot less than that for me, but my success rate at recognising people I have already met, and should be be able to recognise again does not seem to be improving.

This weekend's event at Stoke Bruerne has yielded lots of calls of "Hello Alan, how are you?", (or similar), and I'm feeling increasing guilty that I'm often uncertain if I know who is hailing me.

I suspect I unwittingly upset a lot of people due to my advancing age!

I may recognise you Pete, but it is almost twenty years since we met.

If I remember correctly it was 22 September 2002 captain.gif

(or perhaps I used to keep detailed records of my observations back then)

Does your detailed record show if David was steering straight towards you, but on the wrong side of the cut? We have an entry like that in our cruising log! (laugh.png)

Edited by alan_fincher

A lot less than that for me, but my success rate at recognising people I have already met, and should be be able to recognise again does not seem to be improving.

This weekend's event at Stoke Bruerne has yielded lots of calls of "Hello Alan, how are you?", (or similar), and I'm feeling increasing guilty that I'm often uncertain if I know who is hailing me.

I suspect I unwittingly upset a lot of people due to my advancing age!

Does your detailed record show if David was steering straight towards you, but on the wrong side of the cut? We have an entry like that in our cruising log! (laugh.png)

No, Mr Schweizer's boat was tied up and he was talking to me on the towpath.