Thames Moorings

Drayke

Featured Posts

Having been out on the Thames last weekend I noticed that the moorings just below and above Cleeve lock that where charred at £4 per night now have signs on them saying no mooring, shame as they offered about ½ mile of moorings. No idea why the farmer should has done this, even Steve the lock keeper had no idea why.

Thats a shame, never actually used them in the end, but for a few years my partners brother and father lived in Goring and it was definitely the kind of farm moorings where we planned to strike a deal and stay a few weeks. In the end we used the fishing pegs in Goring, buying a week ticket from a bailiff.

It was a nice spot, at Cleeve.

Anyone know if the moorings below Shepperton Lock are free? They are where you turn for the Wey. Also near where the ferry lands. Surrey bank.

24h for free on lady Lindsey's lawn on the old river. They have had squatter problems so someone will probably turn up and check you are only doing 24h - they don't charge at least did not last year when I moored there.

(Its about 5 minutes upstream from the Red Lion on the right hand side - open grassy bank half of which is authorised moorings. About 10 minutes walk to shepperton.

Anyone know if the moorings below Shepperton Lock are free? They are where you turn for the Wey. Also near where the ferry lands. Surrey bank.

24hrs Free EA mooring

Edited by F DRAYKE

Ok ta. For some reason I've never noticed them before. I sus'pose its 'cos we normally moor above the lock at Dockett Eddy Lane.

We are moored at Walton next to the Anglers pub tonite. Called The Anglers but has a gert big parakeet as its pub sign. Mind you they are everywhere here. Parakeets not anglers.

The tidal moorings at Strand on the green, and Isleworth where I have done many a boat blacking are now £15 a day, sadly no one is prepared to offer anything for free out of goodwill anymore in this country.

I've heard they often don't collect the money, though.

Having been out on the Thames last weekend I noticed that the moorings just below and above Cleeve lock that where charred at £4 per night now have signs on them saying no mooring, shame as they offered about ½ mile of moorings. No idea why the farmer should has done this, even Steve the lock keeper had no idea why.

Pure guess but it might be in anticipation of Goring and Streatley regatta next month.

Keith

Stevens eyot Kingston.... spotted what looked like free moorings today. Ferry might be expensive. Also noticed the free moorings at Kingston Town by the park. Two great big hotel boats taking up 20% of the mooring space.

Edited by mark99

I've heard they often don't collect the money, though.

I only went to strand on the green and the Isleworth draw dock before they started charging, but the rules now mean you have to register as a user and book. I think you pay up front when you book.

I only went to strand on the green and the Isleworth draw dock before they started charging, but the rules now mean you have to register as a user and book. I think you pay up front when you book.

Its not a big fee, but you can only paint in very good summer weather, the hull has to be bone dry or else you are wasting your time, you could book for a week and it be bad weather, and you have wasted your money.