Changing a Tiller

LezB

Featured Posts

Hi can someone tell me if I can change the tyler on my narrow boat as it is very low down. or can I rebend the tyler that is allready on and how easy is it to remove.

Thanks

Hi can someone tell me if I can change the tyler on my narrow boat as it is very low down. or can I rebend the tyler that is allready on and how easy is it to remove.

Thanks

OK who built the boat and is it cruiser or semi trad stern, I am guessing cruiser. Different boat builders did them in different ways but chopping it through and welding a piece in while its in situ may be the quickest and cheapest option, I don't know what yards are in your area who could handle that.

When we had a share in Honeystreet, one of my fellow sharers managed to catch the tiller on a bridge and rip it completely off, leaving only the top bearing stock... don't ask. Luckily he was able to retrieve the Swan neck and tiller bar from the cut.

Norbury Junction came out and temporarily welded it back on, and finished the job off very tidily when the boat returned to their base.

If you are near the Shropshire Union, I would ask them to modify it.

Edited for tryping.

Edited by cuthound