Regulators

Featured Posts

Just a word of warning, if you fit a new gas regulator. Did a boat safety inspection today at Stanstead Abbotts and the owner had just fitted a new Propane regulator. The Chandlery had sold him a regulator rated to 50mb, instead of 38mb, they are identical in appearence, you need to check the rating printed on the top. The Chandlery in question has now set out to re call all regulators sold from latest batch. If I knew how to upload photos on here, I could show you the two regulators in question! :)

Nigel

finding a 50mb regulator is not a fail point under the boat safety check list. I to have found them fitted and when the flame picture was assessed all was fine so I could not fail it. (for all I knew the appliances may have been jetted for 50mb as are some continental appliances) I was today at Watford as part of the Examination Checking Procedures working party, and this was one of the items we sent back to the BSS technical committe to resolve.

Paul M

Thanks Paul,

The new regulator fitted was also showing 62mb. As for the rating of the appliances, this boat came over from Holland, and the original set up was Butane, I would imagine the appliances would have and still are set a lot lower. When I return to carry out the re test, I will take particular notice of flame patterns and any manufacturers plates attached to each appliance.

Nigel