Belated thoughts on the Crick Show - and a moan

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Ohhhh if your boat is the one I'm thinking of...WB that kinda looks like a black sub...I LOVE it

Well coolclapping.gif

If it's a different boat, I'm sure it's very nice as well wink.png

NB version of the mostly Thames based death star sized WB. That one is ..V2, I bought V1. http://kateboats.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/valhalla.pdfmade quite a few changes since then, stove etc.

This one? http://kateboats.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/valhalla.pdf

Oarfish, have you been too Granary Wharf, Leeds in the past year? If not then there's another NB like it!

Yep, summerish last year did the L&L, probably back that way via huddersfield narrow in a couple of months.

Yes that's oarfish's bote.

On reflection, the widebeam I said was Valhalla II might actually be called "Walhalla".

Germanic black letter font uses W for V, I went sans serif to lower the Hitler level slightly.

Newer photo, from the upper Trent last year. Walk on solar panels, new steel hatch and a central stove.

NKnbXjs.jpg

Edited by oarfish

NB version of the mostly Thames based death star sized WB. That one is ..V2, I bought V1. http://kateboats.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/valhalla.pdfmade quite a few changes since then, stove etc.

Yep, summerish last year did the L&L, probably back that way via huddersfield narrow in a couple of months.

Germanic black letter font, I went sans serif to lower the Hitler level slightly

Never mind, even if it is a skinny boat, I still think it's lovely both inside and out wink.png

You should be well pleased with your purchase cheers.gif

Never mind, even if it is a skinny boat, I still think it's lovely both inside and out wink.png

You should be well pleased with your purchase cheers.gif

Time between getting the boat bug and that coming on the market was < 6 months. All moved quickly, handily we took to the life quite well :)

Well you can't blame me. I never went to an owners meeting in the 11 years of share ownership.

Always agreed to go along with the majority view on anything decided.

The one exception was that I did not want the boat's base moved to the K&A.

Frank.

True,

If you are still moored at Alvecote, then perhaps we should meet up for a beer sometime and finally get introduced!

Well you can't blame me. I never went to an owners meeting in the 11 years of share ownership.

Always agreed to go along with the majority view on anything decided.

The one exception was that I did not want the boat's base moved to the K&A.

Frank.

I must agree that K&A will only be suitable for a limited season(s). Really enjoyed being based up at Gayton, would have been happy there for a season or two longer!

however I feel we are drifting this topic off course a bit!

This one? http://kateboats.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/valhalla.pdf

Oarfish, have you been too Granary Wharf, Leeds in the past year? If not then there's another NB like it!

WOW!

The outside looks great but what's with all the wood on the inside????? I hate it.

I thought it was gonna look like some sort of S&M dungeon or something, but then again....I've always been a bit odd ;-)

• Greenie 1

True,

If you are still moored at Alvecote, then perhaps we should meet up for a beer sometime and finally get introduced!

Absolutely, an excellent idea.

We are out at the moment but will be back at the end of July/beginning of August .So perhaps we can have a pint then.

Frank.

WOW!

The outside looks great but what's with all the wood on the inside????? I hate it.

I thought it was gonna look like some sort of S&M dungeon or something, but then again....I've always been a bit odd ;-)

WOW - how rude!!

So lets see a pic of the inside of your boat I'm sure there will be some that would be more than happy to share their opinions about your taste.

rolleyes.gif

• Greenie 1

Lol bettie boo I was thinking same thing....it's amazing how comments on here are given yet I'm betting if they were moored up next to each other it would be a different matter.somehow I can not imagine a boater going onto anthers boat be it wb or no and saying I hate your taste mate or your boat is ugly.

WOW!

I like the interior though black not really my colour of choice..swap for cream and red would be lovely but black suits this boat.

Its an individual and utilises space very well.

I like all the wood.

Absolutely, an excellent idea.

We are out at the moment but will be back at the end of July/beginning of August .So perhaps we can have a pint then.

Frank.

Great, PM me when you are back and we will sort something out.

I am puzzled by Scuba's comment: surely most boats have a good deal of wood on the inside?

A criticism on this post was that all modern boats look the same......with the wealth of modern materials at our disposal these days, why are the majority of new boats made out internally with wood? Why are the all the same shape too (trad, cruiser etc). I'd like to see more innovation such as plastics, resins etc to bring more colour into the equation. Maybe steer from the front.

I did not mean to be critical of someones pride and joy....I worded my post badly and I apologise once again.

WOW - how rude!!

So lets see a pic of the inside of your boat I'm sure there will be some that would be more than happy to share their opinions about your taste.

rolleyes.gif

My taste is miles away from what would be conventionally acceptable. I'm sure there would not be many that like it. I apologise again for my crass comment.

So so sorry....it was not my intention to be rude or offend.

I'm just not a lover of wood.

Not bothered. Try polishing the bloody thing. Also need to sand and oil 10 feet at the back where it's weathered. Yachts are similarly woody i guess, but there you need furniture that you are not going to impale yourself on

Edited by oarfish

Maybe steer from the front.

I steered a boat with dual, front and rear steering positions once.

The front steering position was a nightmare, as even with mirrors, you couldn't see the rear clearly, resulting in it clipping lock jaws and bridgeholes frequently.

With regards to wood for the interiors, it is cheap, practical, easy to work with, and yes, you can even paint it to get an almost infinite variety of colours!

Not bothered. Try polishing the bloody thing. Also need to sand and oil 10 feet at the back where it's weathered. Yachts are similarly woody i guess, but there you need furniture that you are not going to impale yourself on

While I'm not into the look of wood on the inside of a boat, I sure am in awe of the outside of yours. Absolutely stunning. She certainly stands out from the crowd.

Your boat is quite the nicest I've seen - though I've only seen the outside of course. I still remember seeing it moored up in Macclesfield, and walking very slowly past. Just beautiful!