Emptying the sink

New to this

Featured Posts

Kitchen sink, shower & hand basin water can and usually does go straight into the cut. Many of us try to use cleaning products like Ecover that maybe more "natural" than say Fairy Liquid.

Its black water - toilet water that must go into some form of holding system.

Will defiantly look at eco products thanks

Sounds like it normally takes 6 months to a year, but can be done quicker if the temperature is raised.

http://www.eco-toilets.co.uk/faq-storage-and-composting/

I know have a mental image of bags of 'compost' sitting next to a nice warm engine for 90 days. Not sure my better half would agree to this method..........

Useful article thanks

Also look into the option of composting loos - becoming more popular now. As well as the standard commercial brands there is also a guy who makes kits for you to build your own, or will build one to your own specifications. Look at the facebook page of Compost Toilets for boats and off grid living. Might not be your cup of tea, but its as well to look at all options.

have had a look around these and think its the way to go, so even if we get frozen in all I have to ship on board a live aboard would be fresh water and diesel :)

Edited by New to this

Composting toilets sound like a good idea but how do you dispose of the urine and solids? I'm sure many will dispose of both near the towpath, when no-one is looking! I doubt if either is legal unless you are also the landowner.

The liquid can be poured down any toilet on the bankside, and the compost can be safely spread along the hedgeline. After all it is only compost!