Etruria Historic Boats Gathering

IanR

Featured Posts

Is anyone here going and taking a boat? Has anyone got any contact details for the organisers? I presume I need to let them know if I'm taking my boat? Or is it a 'just turn up' affair?

Many thanks folks, Ian.

Yes we're going and excited it is to be our first historic boat gathering now we own Sudbury.

The main canal festival is being organised by an arts group but Etruria Boat Group are organising the historic boats.

I have sent off an entry form and you can get one by contacting them at: info at etruria boat group volunteers dot org dot uk.

I've typed it like that to prevent spambots getting hold of it!

Rob

Is anyone here going and taking a boat? Has anyone got any contact details for the organisers? I presume I need to let them know if I'm taking my boat? Or is it a 'just turn up' affair?

Many thanks folks, Ian.

Contact is Andrew Watts

andrew@stoneware.org.uk

See you there

James

Yes we're going and excited it is to be our first historic boat gathering now we own Sudbury.

The main canal festival is being organised by an arts group but Etruria Boat Group are organising the historic boats.

I have sent off an entry form and you can get one by contacting them at: info at etruria boat group volunteers dot org dot uk.

I've typed it like that to prevent spambots getting hold of it!

Rob

Looking forward to seeing Sudbury properly as I'm sure will a few others who sat looking at the 'Ad' night after night!

When do you plan to get there mate? I'm coming off the Caldon thurs pm/fri am and am looking for someone to swing a windlass for me on the staircase locks?

So looking forward to this, thanks for the replies. It's my first with a boat so if you see a bloke doing things badly, wrongly, nervously, that'll be me! See you there.

Ian.

So looking forward to this, thanks for the replies. It's my first with a boat so if you see a bloke doing things badly, wrongly, nervously, that'll be me! See you there.

Ian.

Don't worry you won't be alone, it's also my first gathering and I'm sure with an audience I'm going to make a hash of it!

Especially as Sudbury has been shortened you can't let go of the tiller for a second or she heads for the bank!

And in reverse she has a mind of her own, with loads of prop-walk; probably due to the 22" X 22" prop!

See you there.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Boats in attendance from memory:

Elizabeth

Victoria

Darley

Halsall

Dove

Alton

Lindsay & Keppel

Swift

Sudbury

Birmingham

Marquis

Cassiopea

Indus Too

Hadar (modern Replica)

Don't think I've missed anyone?

Fantastic weekend, glorious weather, well organised & well attended by the locals & other boaters.

Fantastic weekend, glorious weather, well organised & well attended by the locals & other boaters.

Agreed, a superb weekend! Many thanks to all involved.

Ian.

There are loads on Facebook, search on NB Alton's page and follow links.

Tim

Thanks for the mention Tim.

We had a fab weekend, catching up with old friends & making new ones, demonstrating fendermaking to the public & a few pints of an evening. Big thanks to Andrew & Liz for organising.

I'll try & upload some photos.

Cheers, Brianpost-7766-0-82940700-1465256067_thumb.jpegpost-7766-0-82940700-1465256067_thumb.jpegpost-7766-0-79939000-1465256112_thumb.jpeg

post-7766-0-41308400-1465256191_thumb.jpegpost-7766-0-20139200-1465256217_thumb.jpegpost-7766-0-12530800-1465256239_thumb.jpeg

post-7766-0-58938900-1465256292_thumb.jpegpost-7766-0-47686400-1465256311_thumb.jpegpost-7766-0-99706400-1465256362_thumb.jpeg

post-7766-0-42235700-1465256341_thumb.jpeg