EE - Mobile Broadband

Lmcgrath87

Featured Posts

I'm not sure if anyone else will be interested in this, but I just ordered this

http://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-monthly-mobile-broadband/osprey-2-mini-from-ee/details

50gb data via mobile wifi for £30 a month for 2 years, apparently you can have up to 10 devices connected.

Didn't mean to post that can't see how to delete on mobile version! Sorry.

Was going to say what is the EE coverage like as most boaters seem to favour 3 as coverage apparently is the best, I can't comment personally just what I've read.

Ade

I got this 2 year deal for just over £27 in January. I've swing from Three to EE for mobile data, Giffgaff for phone, and have retained a Three PAYG SIM in a spare phone as a backup, which I'm currently using in Spain on their Feel at Home facility.

We got the EE data sim whilst on offer earlier this year. 25g for £15. Thus far, from Crick, via Nottingham to Fradley and now Oxford,it has been brilliant. Pity the company is not as good as it's products!

This replaced a 3 sim, which was pretty good itself.

EE really do not abide by any ethical standards.

The product itself is first class. But..

On attempting to purchase, they told me that my Equifax rating was "poor".

Wrong...

So then said a refundable £100 deposit was required in order to secure the deal. Refund after three DD payments.

After two DD payments, they drew down on the "refundable" deposit!

This was on a rolling 30 day contract!

Their customer relations are frankly sh**e.

Pleased with the product, disgusted with the sales tactics.

Edited by johnmck

well I can't seem to get the wifi to work from my desk..... I hope it's a signal issue because it's a bit crap for signal here, I'll test again at home. Luckily there is the 14 day cooling off period if it doesn't work.

What did you do between 1503hrs and 1848hrs to take it from useless to works like a dream?

Went home from work and tried it on the boat! The signal in the office is obviously not up to scratch, but on the boat it's perfect.

I still keep getting threatening letters from EE about a bill they sent to me that I didn't owe and wouldn't pay. I've got it down to a fine art now, I even have a template.

All mobile phone companies are OK until things go wrong.

Pay as you go for me now. I use Giffgaff; if it ever stopped working, I'd just switch to something else.

EE have the most up to date 4G / LTE network across the country as a whole, though that's not to say that some network operators don't perform better in some areas - they do.

I am with EE for MiFI and with Three for my mobile phone, makes sense from a coverage & redundancy point of view. I don't like EE as a company and I don't rate their customer services at all but there's no denying about their network. Still, I think their rivals may catch up at some point which is likely given that mobile data is pretty much a commodity nowadays. Rivals will also be keen to have bigger slices of the cake. meaning we will likely see more competition which will drive down costs. With that in mind 50GB plan for £30 a month may not be such a good deal 12 months down the line from now.

Edited by Armitage Shanks

EE,s coverage thus far for us, has been truly spot on.

We have thus far travelled from Crick, to Nottingham, then south onto the Thames. Always had broadband, nearly always 4g.

But their business ethics are truly abysmal. Out of choice, I would never deal with them again. But their product works a treat.

I keep getting emails from EE telling me my bill is ready and can be seen on My EE, (or whatever it's called). When I go to My EE, I end up in a revolving door that my browser cant get out of, so I can never see my bill, or my useage, or anything. It seems to be a common issue, which I've googled, turned cookies on and off, used different browsers, but nothing. It's not the end of the world so I dont really want to speak with them, but it is irritating.

OK a quick question. I use 3 on contract and am fairly happy with it. If I get an EE payg sim and don't put any credit on it, if I put it in my MiFi will it tell me if I have EE coverage so I can see how it compares to 3

EE have got the contract for the new emergency services network. This may well have a benefit for canal based users in that their 4G coverage is likely to expand beyond the commercially attractive footprint in rural areas. Early days yet, migration off the existing system doesn't start a for over a year.

OK a quick question. I use 3 on contract and am fairly happy with it. If I get an EE payg sim and don't put any credit on it, if I put it in my MiFi will it tell me if I have EE coverage so I can see how it compares to 3

If you go on the EE website you can pop in your postcode and it tells you what their coverage is like

Not a lot of help for cruising canals. Only really any use in towns etc.

I think they declare that it is a computer generated prediction, rather than a real measurement of signal levels in various areas, so not necessarily accurate in any case.