Tank water - safe for dogs?

RichM

Featured Posts

Hmmm... be a bit circumspect with this...apart from the rabbits

you have no way of knowing if the other animals have been

dosed with some type of medication which will pass into their

"droppings"... with this in mind I would discourage dogs from

this type of snacking!

It's impossible to stop my lab eating whatever she fancies - poo of every sort (especially her own), grass, apples, any sort of wild fruit, wheat, acorns, bits of dead animals or birds. The list is endless.

Hmmm... be a bit circumspect with this...apart from the rabbits

you have no way of knowing if the other animals have been

dosed with some type of medication which will pass into their

"droppings"... with this in mind I would discourage dogs from

this type of snacking!

Hmmm, 'discourage'.... you mean like "just say no"? Methinks you don't have a Labrador then, Sarah? ;)

It's impossible to stop my lab eating whatever she fancies - poo of every sort (especially her own), grass, apples, any sort of wild fruit, wheat, acorns, bits of dead animals or birds. The list is endless.

Now that I do recognise! Except I'd suggest that your list, at merely endless, is a just a little short! Although, to be fair to mine, she doesn't eat her own. Probably because she, like me, has absolutely no idea what might be in it. :D

When we had the cats living on the boat I would put fresh water down (from the tap) a couple of times a day, only once did I ever see either of them actually drink from the bowl; Zebby was much happier drinking from a puddle on the tow path, a stream or brook if there was one near by or the canal if it was close enough to the top - he especially favored the rain water collected in the bucket on the roof rolleyes.gif

I always figured, the amount of time he spent licking his manly bits, drinking water from a puddle wouldn't cause him much harm tongue.png

I had a dog years ago who liked rolling in dead fish. Occasionally anglers may leave fish material on the towpath. She loved it and made hay. It may not be a common occurrence but if it happens followed by said dog entering the cabin of a narrow boat it is not quickly forgotten :huh:

I had a bitch who liked fishy smells too. The worst was while packing up at Glastonbury on the Monday morning she sneaked off and rolled in fresh cow doos, of course the taps had been turned off and we had a long smelly drive home. The hitchhikers we picked up had to share the back seat with her!

• Greenie 1

I had a bitch who liked fishy smells too. The worst was while packing up at Glastonbury on the Monday morning she sneaked off and rolled in fresh cow doos, of course the taps had been turned off and we had a long smelly drive home. The hitchhikers we picked up had to share the back seat with her!

I had a jack Russell terrier years ago, we took him to the beach and he got inside the carcass of a dead seal and had a really good roll in it, the smell was unbelievable it was a long time ago but I can still remember how bad he smelt, he travelled home in the back of the pick up truck, it took ages to get the smell out of his coat. You have to love them don't you?!?

I had a jack Russell terrier years ago, we took him to the beach and he got inside the carcass of a dead seal and had a really good roll in it, the smell was unbelievable it was a long time ago but I can still remember how bad he smelt, he travelled home in the back of the pick up truck, it took ages to get the smell out of his coat. You have to love them don't you?!?

No!

Next time I meet a dog I think I might almost like, I'll have another read of this thread....

:D

You guys don't know how lucky you are to not have Skunks on this island!!banned.gif

Try giving a massive German Shepard a bath in Tomato Juice - it's the only thing that will dull the smell, and trust me when I say it's a VIAL smell sick.gif

I spent 6 months in Canada and yes once smelled never forgotten and bloody hell it lingers