CRT Canal & River Trust YouTube Video's

RobMcD

Featured Posts

Hello all.

After catching up with some video's on YouTube it linked me to the next one that happened to be a CRT one. I watched it and found it to be well made and quiet useful.

But what I also noticed is that all comments are diabled, so I looked at a few more & then a few more just to see if they were the same and all the ones I checked the

comments were disabled for every one of them & I found this quiet odd for a transparent charity to activly censor every one of there own video's and stop any form of chat

&/or debate on the subject of the video!

New to the forum but like I said found this quiet odd as I upload a lot to YouTube myself & have never disabled comments for any of my 400+ video's.

Anyway, all the best.

Rob

PS the video I watched was this.

I don't find it odd. YouTube comments are practically unmoderated, and if ever you want to see what happens when you mix together bored, semi illiterate children, young opinionated adults with nothing else to do, and trolls from every corner of the world, have a look at the comments of a very popular video.

I don't find it odd. YouTube comments are practically unmoderated, and if ever you want to see what happens when you mix together bored, semi illiterate children, young opinionated adults with nothing else to do, and trolls from every corner of the world, have a look at the comments of a very popular video.

All comments are moderated by the owner of the channel & can be removed at any time as the owner of the channel has full controll over what is left on or removed.

How many visitors do you receive, for your 400 or so YouTube videos? I suspect its a tiny fraction of those that CRT's videos receive.

Well so far have 91,197 views so far on my channel, so guess you are wrong there & like I said not one video has comments disabled.

Well done CRT!!

A well thought out and presented video that covers the major points in an easy to understand non technical way.

Just need to get the hirers and newbies to watch the thing..thats always the tricky bit..

The video was very good like I said, just was not sure why they block all comments on all video's.

Because they would have to employ someone to read and respond to the vast number of comments they would get.

That would be a waste of CRT's limited funding, that I for one would rather they spend on maintenance.

• Greenie 2

Because they would have to employ someone to read and respond to the vast number of comments they would get.

That would be a waste of CRT's limited funding, that I for one would rather they spend on maintenance.

I totally agree.

They have Farcebook, and Twatter accounts so they already have someone doing that, on YouTube they can get away with putting out pure PR videos, that go unquestioned by the plebs.

I can understand having to go through the messages, some people who upload don't answer questions but some do. Just thought it was odd as not one Narrowboat/canal/cut channel does this, that I have come across anyway.