Jabsco Macerator

boatsandsteam

Featured Posts

Jabsco recommend the use of their own Toilet Fresh Clean as a chemical to put down the bowl to reduce odours and not cause any damage to their seals & equipment. I don't have an objection except their chemical is not cheap.

What is the experience of others. Are some toilet chemicals/cleaners more effective than others - but more importantly, which ones cause the least potential damage to the macerator seals and are thus most user friendly.

I've just started using cheap bio laundry liquid in mine. So far seems to have stopped any smell coming from the pipes. But I've only been using it a couple of days so it could just be me going nose blind

I have no idea though if it'll end up affecting any seals or other parts, because it does have to be poured into the bowl and through the macerator. So I'll be interested to see everybody else's verdict on whether it could be damaging long term

As for cleaning the bowl I just use vinegar and a washing up brush.

If you do a search on this subject, you'll find enough content to keep you going for hours. For what it's worth, I use an enzyme-based product, Silky RX (but there are others). A teaspoonful a month ensures no odour and keeps the tank contents in an easily pumpable state. It actually broke down a solid mass which had been causing me gauge problems since I bought the boat, so I'm a fan.

If you do a search on this subject, you'll find enough content to keep you going for hours. For what it's worth, I use an enzyme-based product, Silky RX (but there are others). A teaspoonful a month ensures no odour and keeps the tank contents in an easily pumpable state. It actually broke down a solid mass which had been causing me gauge problems since I bought the boat, so I'm a fan.

Thanks Sea Dog. That would seem to tick the boxes.

I've just started using cheap bio laundry liquid in mine. So far seems to have stopped any smell coming from the pipes. But I've only been using it a couple of days so it could just be me going nose blind

I have no idea though if it'll end up affecting any seals or other parts, because it does have to be poured into the bowl and through the macerator. So I'll be interested to see everybody else's verdict on whether it could be damaging long term

As for cleaning the bowl I just use vinegar and a washing up brush.

Thanks BlueStringPudding. I too will be interested to see opinion of others in respect to possible long term damage