Stolen bike recovered 11 years later

Featured Posts

Stolen bike recovered after 11 years!
That's right, in 2005 my dream mountain bike got nicked, I was gutted sad.png Last Sunday I spotted it on Ebay, got in touch with the police, & Wednesday they just gave me my pushbike back, a Giant ATX1000 with Marzocchi bomber air forks. Everything was still the same, all they did was add a bell & a speedo, & then didnt use it, it's been sat in a very dry shed for years on end.

20160512_105301.jpg

Edited by Ssscrudddy
  • Greenie 3

Did he police do anything about it?

Well they went around and recovered the bike!

I'm faintly surprised they didn't just say 'We'll look into it Sir', then do nothing.

Sad that my expectations of the police theses days are so low...

• 1 month later...

I knew it was mine because it was so unique. I had 1 photo of a partial bike this 1, & another photo of a different bike with common unique modified parts, & I knew way too may details that simply weren't in the ebay photos. & no it wasnt insured. I reckon the guy selling it was the 1 who stole it, & IMO he got too many comments from using it at the time & has been sat in his shed ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

You are lucky and that's fantastic.Had my mountain bike stolen off the top of our barge in Castanet southern France in 14,I'd change the brake levers back to Aus brakes so with a bit of luck if he rode it and wanted to stop quickly the ar#### would have gone over the handle bars,it had really good disc brakes.

That should be true. But if my experience of insurance companies, they couldn't care less after they've paid out.

Quite a few years ago I mislaid a camera at Crick boat show for which my insurance compeny (Direct Line - highly recomend) paid out.

A few years later I received a phone call from Steve Hudson who had found my camera on his show boat, had put it away then forgotten about it. He had just about to get rid of it but someone suggested that they look on the memory card which happened to be where I had written my mobile number!

As the camera was well out of date by then I rang Direct Line who seemed quite amazed that I had even bothered! Still have it as a museum piece.

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

• 1 year later...

I wish I could get my carbon fibre Giant back, I'd just spent a few quid on upgrades, I chased the bike [hi jacked a lady in her car] but the bike was doing 10mph  faster than she was, so I lost it. Uninsured.

Edited by LadyG