Pump-out toilets- how often do you pump out?

Lia

Featured Posts

Turn down the amount of flush water delivered if you can.

Newbies always think they are still connected to the domestic water, gas, electricity and sewage systems of a city until they get used to being aboard.

My black tank is 120 X 120 X 30 and lasts 2 people for 6 weeks if we don't have any visitors.

A visiting shore based couple can fill it and empty our 1000 litre water tank in a day!

If you think the tank is full, take out the discharge plug and dip it with something flexible like a length of hose.

Never quite sure how much detail is 'acceptable' on toilet threads, but here goes!

Does your pumpout have more buttons on it?  On our pumpout we have a button that just sucks - doesn't put any water in so that's ideal just for wees... we've another that puts water in as long as you hold it so you choose how much if you want it.... your tank does seem small though, ours is 432 litres.. (assuming its 'unlined'!)

You can clean the sensor, or take it out for testing.... not a nice job but not as unpleasant as I was expecting!

Edited by robtheplod

When I bought my boat it came with a tank full warning light, which lit when the tank was supposedly approaching full.

I was worried what would happen if the lamp failed, so fitted an MCS waste tank gauge. These work by sensing air pressure as the tank fills and are pretty accurate provided the tank shape is regular.

https://www.mcsboatproducts.co.uk/

I fitted the MCS gauge and found that the red light on the original tank sensor came on when the tank was 50% full!

The MCS gauge quickly paid for itself by doubling the time between pumpouts ?.

Edited by cuthound
To remove a letter masquerading as a space

5 minutes ago, cuthound said:

When I bought my boat it came with a tank full warning light, which lit when the tank was supposedly approaching full.

I was worried what would happen if the lamp failed, so fitted an MCS waste tank gauge. These work by sensing air pressure as the tank fills and are pretty accurate provided the tank shape is regular.

https://www.mcsboatproducts.co.uk/

I fitted the MCS gauge and found that the red light on the original tank sensor came on when the tank was 50% full!

The MCS gauge quickly paid for itself by doubling the time between pumpouts ?.

I look down the pan