Sturton-by-Stow
Lincoln LN1 2BP
United Kingdom

Company Registration Number 3687075
UK VAT number GB 716 6329 29
Telephone +44 (0) 1427 787 121
Fax +44 (0) 1427 787 120

Edited by Arphamoe

You also need to be looking at why it has a pin hole, it may simply be neglecting of past owners (or you) to change the anti freeze at two yearly intervals but it may be electrolysis which will need to be addressed, not a common thing to happen but not unknown. Frankly if it has any age to it then it may be better to take advantage of the Webasto exchange unit facility, only about £300 more than a heat exchanger and you get the three year warranty.

You also need to be looking at why it has a pin hole, it may simply be neglecting of past owners (or you) to change the anti freeze at two yearly intervals but it may be electrolysis which will need to be addressed, not a common thing to happen but not unknown. Frankly if it has any age to it then it may be better to take advantage of the Webasto exchange unit facility, only about £300 more than a heat exchanger and you get the three year warranty.

NMEA

Interesting comment re the pin hole, the unit is only 3 years old, I have a sneaky feeling the boat builder skimped on a few things, maybe the antifreeze in the ch system was one of them.

Or indeed the heat exchanger casting was poor, who knows.

Can you explain the electrolysis comment ?

Bazza

Edited by Bazza954

Well if it's around three years old and it is a faulty casting it could be a warranty job, if a proper marine unit was used from an authoried source. Check with the builder as Webastos carry a three year warranty. I doubt it would be lack of Antifreeze / corrosion inhibitor after only three years so I would be talking to the builder anyway as a first port of call.

NMEA,

thanks for that, it didn't occur to me that it had a 3 year warranty, I do recall seeing a webasto document in my manual that looked like a warranty, I'll check.

cheers

Bazza

eta. I'll also call the builder

Edited by Bazza954

Ok, got a result, Webasto say it is covered under their warranty, and I will be taking the boiler to see Steve at Kingslock chandlery tomorrow, who is going to sort it out while I,m there.

Thanks to all for the advise/suggestions.

Bazza

Excellent news, one of the reasons I am happy to be a Webasto partner is the way they look after customers, well when they have the appropriate equipment correctly fitted at least.

Excellent news, one of the reasons I am happy to be a Webasto partner is the way they look after customers, well when they have the appropriate equipment correctly fitted at least.

NMEA, I spoke to a chap called Dave at Webasto Doncaster, who checked the serial number and told me it was still under warranty. Kingslock were the original suppliers to the boat builder, so were happy to sort it out.

It'll only cost me the diesel to drive there an back.

Bazza