Friday night humour, how to date a boater

honey ryder

Featured Posts

after a moderately disappointing date with "someone who doesn't" last weekend I felt moved to write a blog about how to date boaters, sailor and "those who don't"

I had giggle whilst I hugged my kickspace heater on a cold damp bank holiday.

It's just for fun, don't shoot me down in flames.

http://www.boogie-nights.org/2016/05/how-to-date-sailors-essential-guide.html

no matter what kind of boater you are, it's relatable I think.

happy cruising

(btw I'm still available...)

after a moderately disappointing date with "someone who doesn't" last weekend I felt moved to write a blog about how to date boaters, sailor and "those who don't"

happy cruising

Maybe if you said your Gender you may have a bit more luck

I think she is female, but pictures are deceptive.

It's also one of these blogging things, blog here, blog there. blog every where.

Look at me blah blah ....

Thanks for posting that, had a good chuckle. Oh by the way are you still on lumpy water?

Phil

yes I'm still on lumpy water :-)

I thought the images were a dead giveaway... though the dating techniques apply to all genders I think. clearly not quite working for me right now.

I think she is female, but pictures are deceptive.

It's also one of these blogging things, blog here, blog there. blog every where.

Look at me blah blah ....

I quite like reading blogs and what other folks are up to. It's not done in a narcissistic way despite your misgivings.

I originally started the blog so my mum could keep up with what I was up to as well as other NB'ers on here so I could meet up and what not.

but gradually it changed, as did my boat.

I grew tired of seeing others ripping off or sharing stuff they didn't create themselves, funny stuff and nobody ever wonders, who created that thing, that meme or that funny cat video. I decided that I should probably continue to share the silly things I/we get up to because why not? It can be funny and relatable. And it's not cats.

the world is saturated with mediocre click bate, pop up adverts and product placement. I don't do any of that. and fingers crossed I might get one or two guest bloggers soon...

I'm also working on a new magazine launch (yeah I am a journalist/photographer after all, that's my job - well one of them) it's part of my masters degree major project I'm working on over the next 15 months.

I did a slightly humorous survey if anyone fancies a look: http://british-eccentricities-mapazine.blogspot.co.uk/

don't be misled, its not a blog. its not commercial and its part of my studies, which I hope will include canals and the inland waterways. I'll be on the look out for interesting stories to follow.

How exciting! Could you perhaps post up some photos please?

(Of your boat, obviously...)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UjZPj2bBvLA/VD_oJdQ_tVI/AAAAAAAAM3A/_Rpe-Kl_s5Q/s1600/14257060129_a633eec514_h.jpg14257060129_a633eec514_h.jpg

Oh deer, pram hood. How embarrassing!

wink.png

I like a bit of comfort. that was the start of a race. most other boats have them too. glad of that spray hood when on night watch and the waves are constantly hitting it.

happy cruising

Don't worry I hear Dirk Diggler is free and single.

Seems kinda hard work to pull a man on the lumpy stuff..still beats my last attempt which was non starter for 10..he didn't like dogs(Molly's loverly) and didn't like narrow boats..I decided he wasn't worth the effort...he probably wouldn't have liked my fashion sense either...long johns, padded trousers etc.

Raised a smile..good luck in dating stakes..they do say(dunno who they are) that there is some one out there for everyone..its just finding that someone..oh and I think blogs are great..I blog and not for a "see how great I am factor.". full story of Horror House out there and my boat build plus travel and now just the one on my world.

[quote name="ho

I did a slightly humorous survey if anyone fancies a look: http://british-eccentricities-mapazine.blogspot.co.uk/

don't be misled, its not a blog .....

Just completed your survey and now find myself fretting about the unavailability of proper pork pie and peas in pubs these days. To me they should heat a pork pie, place it in a bowl, cover it completely with mushy peas and serve with mint sauce. There is a worrying trend towards a nouvelle cuisine version where the pie simply sits on an artful smear of slightly dessicated peas and mint sauce is not offered but has to be requested, and if you do get hold of some then the pie:pea:mint sauce ratio is all wrong.

Am I alone, or does this exercise others?

• Greenie 1

Honey, love the blog, so true...

Sorry I'm spoken for but I do have some of the credentials you require:

15327564773_03e8d12cda_c.jpg125_2509

I can steer a yot and have been know to be at the helm for 6 hours solid in a F6 whilst the rest of the crew idled the time away feeding the fish. A blummin good curry I'd cooked for them as well. sick.gifcaptain.gif

Edited by Ray T

[quote name="ho

Just completed your survey and now find myself fretting about the unavailability of proper pork pie and peas in pubs these days. To me they should heat a pork pie, place it in a bowl, cover it completely with mushy peas and serve with mint sauce. There is a worrying trend towards a nouvelle cuisine version where the pie simply sits on an artful smear of slightly dessicated peas and mint sauce is not offered but has to be requested, and if you do get hold of some then the pie:pea:mint sauce ratio is all wrong.

You're alone...

In fact I'm bemused. Why on earth would anyone put mint sauce with a pork pie? Mint goes with LAMB as ane fule kno.

In fact pork pies puzzle me endlessly. WHY would anyone want to eat a little grey fatty ball of ground up pigs' testicles encased in strange rock-like pastry?

Just wonderin'. Hope I haven't spoiled the ambience of your man-fishing thread, Honey!

To me they should heat a pork pie, place it in a bowl, cover it completely with mushy peas and serve with mint sauce.

Ah, an Aussie 'Pie Floater'!

This wasn't written by you was it? http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/07/confessions-of-a-menopausal-nymphmaniac-sex-dating-apps

In fact pork pies puzzle me endlessly. WHY would anyone want to eat a little grey fatty ball of ground up pigs' testicles encased in strange rock-like pastry?

You've been shopping at the supermarket haven't you? Pies (and Cornish pasties) should only be bought from a butchers.

Once upon a time whilst basking in the sun in my pram I lost my dummy, whilst searching for it I caught my fingers in the hood mechanism.

And so an engineer was made

Richard

I can steer a yot and have been know to be at the helm for 6 hours solid in a F6

What's F6? F5 refreshes your browser and I think some of the others do cut and paste

Richard

And so an engineer was made

Richard

What's F6? F5 refreshes your browser and I think some of the others do cut and paste

Richard

F6 is when yotties get going and narrow boaters cower below, hope their pins don't pull out and the boat finishes up on the opposite side of the cut. boat.gif

Edited by Ray T

You're alone...

In fact I'm bemused. Why on earth would anyone put mint sauce with a pork pie? Mint goes with LAMB as ane fule kno.

Just wonderin'. Hope I haven't spoiled the ambience of your man-fishing thread, Honey!

Clearly you attended the Molesworth skool of pie making and are a stranger to the joys of Wilson's of Armley in Leeds whose pies, utterly devoid of testicles, are a succulent pink on the inside with a pastry that manages to be crisp on the outside but with an unctuous inner layer that soothes and satisfies in equal measure. The mint of course does not augment the pie, but blends perfectly with the peas that surround it.

Did I mention I'm quite partial to pie and peas? Getting back on track, I would suggest the OP's hit rate would increase quite considerably were she to lay in more suitable provisions with which to entice her intended conquests.

[quote name="ho

Colin you clearly need urgent culinary assistance.

Pie and peas I can go with, but as has been said mint is for lamb.

I shall endeavour to bring supplies of steak puddings aka babbies 'eads with chips and pea wet for next Fridays working party.

Clearly you attended the Molesworth skool of pie making and are a stranger to the joys of Wilson's of Armley in Leeds whose pies, utterly devoid of testicles, are a succulent pink on the inside with a pastry that manages to be crisp on the outside but with an unctuous inner layer that soothes and satisfies in equal measure.

Being from the land of the civilised (darn sarf), no I'm most unlikely to ever go to Leeds to sample this most unlikely of products.

However, at a seriously posh butchers in a reassuringly expensive and rural part of Hampshire I was once intrigued by a small pork pie described using similar hyperbole to your description above. It was stupidly pricey (about six quid IIRC) so I was expecting something special but no, it contained the same bouncy, fatty ball of gristle one gets in a 90p Walls abomination. Granted it was pink as you describe, and the pastry was better, but ghastly and inedible all the same . I was definitely had over by their expert marketing and made to expect something good, just as you have been.

So seriously, I'm not driving to Leeds for more of the same disappointment thank you.

Now let me see, where can I get some nice organic courgettes?