What pictures do you have on your wall?

Ray T

Featured Posts

Inspired by the recent Painted Boats thread.

Alan F showed a picture of Sunny Valley he has.

A couple of ours:

attachicon.gifDSCF2614.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF2615.JPG

Anyone else willing to post theirs?

We have a series of 8 "train & canal" plates which include the two paintings you have.

We also have another set of 8 winter themed canal plates by Alan Firth.

Both are in the house as there isn't enough wall space for them in the boat.

In our non-traditional back cabin hangs Mrs. Athy's cross-stitch picture of, er, a traditional back cabin. Over our stove is a reproduction of an old Godin advertising postcard for, er, our stove.

I'm just in the middle of working on this, a print of it might just end up on my boats wall as I've nothing else up at the moment.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That looks very much like an A&CN bridge to me....

In our engine room hangs a photo of the loco which our engine originally powered, or one of the same class, down a mine.

Edited by Athy

Working around boats as I do, I try and confine the canal stuff to the workshop, save for a few exceptions, a few chimney chains that hang in the lounge, a cabin stool by Tony Lewery that sits in the lobby and a large, magnificent photograph of Resolute that hangs in the kitchen. Oh, and the coaching entry gates are scumbled too....because I can!

Cheers

Dave

We were presented with a print of our historic tug "Sickle" by the artist Penny Taylor Beardow at the Braunston Historic Boat gathering.

We liked it so much that we also bought the original, which takes pride of place at home.

There is not really anywhere to hang pictures in "Sickle" itself, so the print is one of many waterways prints now displayed inside the cabin of our larger historic boat "Flamingo".

Sickle_by_Penny_Taylor_Beardow_zpsam8syj

"Flamingo" also sports a print of a painting by Dusty Miller, which features "Flamingo".

This from his web site

img3.jpg

"Flamingo" is to the right, paired with "Brighton".

Edited by alan_fincher

I have prints of cabin sides from Colours of the Cut which were sold as postcards. A Victorian engraving of the pool of London; 1930s hand tinted map of the Rivers Severn and Avon; watercolour map of the Cam; and a page from a 1930s encyclopedia about the Coronation Scot.

Oh, and a framed 1990s waterways map- a little out of date- for planning journeys and dreaming....

We also have another set of 8 winter themed canal plates by Alan Firth.

I also have Alan Firth's 8 winter themed plates on my living room wall, supplemented by Roger Kent's Romance of the Waterways series of 8 plates.

In one of my kitchen cupboards I have about 60 lace / ribbon plates that were once hung in the back cabin of the large Woolwich motor BADSEY. I often wonder whether they will ever hang in another back cabin.

In 1987 we commissioned an original painting by Alan Firth, the first he did that featured narrow boats in 'British Waterways' blue and yellow as well as being unloaded. We collected this painting from Mr Firth's home, and although we agreed in principle to having 'prints' published this never happened. This painting went on to adorn our dining rooms for the next twenty years and we never tired of it, but since I moved to Teesside in 2008 it has been propped up against a chest of drawers in my spare bedroom. In recent times I have considered selling this painting but I have no idea what it is now worth captain.gif

A nice thread. It'll be a while before this post is published because I'm on the Norty step as I type.

But nevertheless, it is good to see a good idea for a new thread. I too have loads of the above plates, really nice.

Lovely pictures, in my cottage Im surrounded by commissioned pics of mums dogs..still to find a few waterway themed paintings to go on a wall thats waiting.

On boat I have picture brought back from Falklands by my son painted by artist there..its a sea scene..so getting closer to the canal ones I want.

We have a lot of Chris's water colours which she painted before her sight became too bad to paint anymore plus a very large photo of our boat taken of her sitting on railway sleepers at her owners basin where she lived for 19 years, she was first launched a couple of months before we bought her 6 years ago.

Phil

Just remembered we have a jigsaw of DQ on the wall. A present from our niece. It was taken during the first week of our ownership.

Not sure why the picture is upside down. Can anyone advise how to amend it please?

post-21818-0-93447700-1462519823_thumb.jpg

Edited by cuthound

A rather poor picture of the picture but you get the idea smile.png

It's of Inglesham Round House and the junction of the Thames & Severn Canal with the River Thames. As I've been a member of the Cotswold Canals Trust for the past 25 years I thought I better buy it smile.png

post-14432-0-73450900-1462544202_thumb.jpg