How about this little beauty - "ideal for all uk canal systems"!

PaulG

Featured Posts

It appears that, and I've noticed this before on many things, the Trade Discriptions Act 1968 does not apply to EBAY for some reason or other.

Caveat emptor

The ideal for all uk canal systems as I read it is for the airdraft "AIRDRAFT ............... 2.15m to 2.25m.......ideal for all uk canal systems."

Seen one just like it on the Paddington arm G.U. south. It had a large window installed in the side.

Seen similar on Thames today and a different one at Bulls Bridge yesterday. Perhaps they are breeding.

Could be craned in somewhere in most canals. Narrow locks will be a problem, but not if fitted out as a 'Live-aboard' with the intention of going nowhere - or shuttle between locks - and food for thought, does a mooring in-stream away from the bank with an anchor (but not causing a navigation obstruction) count as a mooring, and in terms of time limits, would it use up your time allowance in a 24hr, 48hr or 14 day restricted area for instance ???

And yes or no. right or wrong, what would/could CRT do about it.

I seen this myself a few days back, think the seller had three of them up for sale, have seen them on the water and the seem to go quiet green if not given a regular clean, love the engines though, they look very nice with a ton of torque.

It appears that, and I've noticed this before on many things, the Trade Discriptions Act 1968 does not apply to EBAY for some reason or other.

Caveat emptor

I can't see how the Trades Descriptions Act would apply to the sale of a boat in any circumstances.

Anyone?

I can't see how the Trades Descriptions Act would apply to the sale of a boat in any circumstances.

Anyone?

The only exemption from the TDA I know of is 'estates in land'. Flats and houses in ordinary language.

Oh hang on, I'm thinking of the SoGa....

......................... but not if fitted out as a 'Live-aboard' with the intention of going nowhere - or shuttle between locks

ideal for a "CCer" in the Bath area then (even though it could navigate the locks, there is apparently no need to do so in that location). rolleyes.gif

there is one of these lifeboats tied to the railway bridge in mid-stream of the River Trym where is enters the tidal Avon at Sea Mills in Bristol. It is ORRIBLE.

.................... and how he got permission to tie it to a railway bridge baffles me. (or maybe he didn't unsure.png ).

Edited by Murflynn

It is always a refreshing change to spot anything other than yet another clonecraft these days.

After nearly 10 years of being ashore the urge to return to living on a boat has become overwhelming but I won't be bothering with a narrowboat again.

My heart says another lifeboat (proper ex-RNLI though, not an ex-rig free-faller) my head on the other hand is saying Dutch barge.

It is always a refreshing change to spot anything other than yet another clonecraft these days.

After nearly 10 years of being ashore the urge to return to living on a boat has become overwhelming but I won't be bothering with a narrowboat again.

My heart says another lifeboat (proper ex-RNLI though, not an ex-rig free-faller) my head on the other hand is saying Dutch barge.

A proper lifeboat is an eminently sensible idea. Uncompromising build quality combines with low amount of use compared to many vessels.

My friend is restoring a beautiful Solent Class. We sailed around Ireland on her last year and it was magical. If I had the spare dough, a Watson would be very tempting.

My friend is restoring a beautiful Solent Class. We sailed around Ireland on her last year and it was magical. If I had the spare dough, a Watson would be very tempting.

I believe there are a couple of Solents in service doing SAR in Paraguay.

This is my 1933 Barnett 51 which is the only boat I have ever regretted selling (and still do).

pasb-1.jpg

Edited by carlt

I believe there are a couple of Solents in service doing SAR in Paraguay.

This is my 1933 Barnett 51 which is the only boat I have ever regretted selling (and still do).

Those Barnett's are gorgeous boats, the only thing I'm not too keen on is that their engineroom takes up so much space, and it's far from easy to create a passage from the wheelhouse to the forward accomodation by going through the engineroom.

Apart from that, it won't be easy to find a better built boat, and I can easily understand that you regret having sold her.

Peter.

Georges amazing spaces , featured one moored on the Avon near Bristol , being converted into a live aboard. Also another on the Bath end of the K and A . Bunny