IWA Cavalcade - Little Venice

Martin Megson

Featured Posts

I forgot it was on when I came into central London on Wednesday. Had a vague notion it was at some point, and got my first inkling as it got very busy from Kensal Green, and finally realised when I moored up at Little Venice and realised I couldn't stay there (tiny, tiny signs...) Tried Paddington basin, but it was full, so moored up near Westbourne park instead.

Only been boating a short while and never been before, so will have me a walk down to admire some pretty boats tomorrow. I love looking at other people's boats, to the point I have been known to swerve suddenly on the canal when I realise I've been disracted so much I'm veering off in the wrong direction. blush.png At it least it will be safer on land with all those lovely boats in one place. Certainly looks fabulous!

You def got a good view point Tim. We are not far from you being fed before watering

post-8273-0-04678100-1462038968.jpg

The flags we rigged whilst queuing to come into the basin don't look too bad!

Nice picture, dd id you see the parade, it was very good this year. Presently decamped in the Warwick Castle ?

Best place to be! Maybe see you there tomorrow evening, before illuminated boats parade?

Tim sent me the link, I guess not a bad picture but not much of our boat decorations....took us all morning to put them on. Also took a while to put up the lights for the illminated parade, finished runner up in that competition. Not much time to sit back and relax.

We took 2 CRT London people from Slough Basin to LV on Friday and Richad Parry came back with us on Tusday (as far as Langley). I hope he found it useful to see this section of the GU...took us 6 hours.

Saw 4 nb's on the Arm today, were all going to the basin, 2 on the way back from Cavalcade I think, they seemed to enjoy it.

• 11 months later...

A litte video of the boats at the 2017 cavalcade here early in the day.

Pisces skiipper alert at 3:10!

A smashing weekend with fine weather.

My first experience of night cruiising and in crowded and dazzling conditions.  Clearly some people have found a second use for their November 5th house lighting.  I enjoyed joining in with the Queen "We will rock you" actions !      EDIT Google shows a Getty image of this actually happeneing but I guess it has some protection so won't copy / link or w h y.   I have a screen dump for my own use but I'm not sure I should show it here.   Its titled " Illuminated narrow boats travel along a canal in Little Venice during the Inland Waterways Association Canalway". 

Edited by jake_crew

On Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 14:34, Tim Lewis said:

That's amazing, Theo didn't leave Stowe Hill until 5 past 10 on Bank Holiday Monday..............

Lazy Daily Mail Stock photos perchance.....