Fly Tipping Reading

Sadelady

Featured Posts

Please would the boat named Daisy return to Fobney Cut and remove the old carpet and rubbish they dumped on the towpath ditch. They have been reported to the LA and there are large fines for fly tipping.Perhaps I could offer them another can of cheap cider should they return.

• Greenie 4

Is the owner of the boat in question actually a member of this forum?

Naming and shaming is all very well if that's the point of this thread, but I wouldn't expect someone to respond something they haven't read.

Have CRT been informed or does this sort of thing not come under their remit?

Is the owner of the boat in question actually a member of this forum?

Naming and shaming is all very well if that's the point of this thread, but I wouldn't expect someone to respond something they haven't read.

Have CRT been informed or does this sort of thing not come under their remit?

And the name of your boat is............

:)

by naming the boat surely narrows down the people who have tipped the rubbish..i am no vigilante but thats the problem with our country we all see things that are wrong and despite that we try to do the british thing and remain quiet. i recently hade 3 eastern europeans in my shop trying to steal a large silver ornament by concealing it up under the dress of one of the woman..when they realised that there was cameras recording the act she put it back...i had no worries about naming and shaming them and clear pictures of each of them was placed on our Facebook group page with over 7000 views and 150 shares...whilst i don't have their names i have done my best to warn other shop owners that they are here stealing. at least if the op is sure thats the boat thats done this act then cut should be able to track it down and deal with them shouldn't they???

• Greenie 3

by naming the boat surely narrows down the people who have tipped the rubbish..i am no vigilante but thats the problem with our country we all see things that are wrong and despite that we try to do the british thing and remain quiet. i recently hade 3 eastern europeans in my shop trying to steal a large silver ornament by concealing it up under the dress of one of the woman..when they realised that there was cameras recording the act she put it back...i had no worries about naming and shaming them and clear pictures of each of them was placed on our Facebook group page with over 7000 views and 150 shares...whilst i don't have their names i have done my best to warn other shop owners that they are here stealing. at least if the op is sure thats the boat thats done this act then cut should be able to track it down and deal with them shouldn't they???

This is the bit that worries me. The OP just levels the charge and presents no evidence.

They are probably right but this is why we have our court system. Occasionally the obvious turns out to be wrong.

Not into the vigilante approach of name & shame. But I've seen countless piles of weedhatch rubbish dumped on the towpath. Disgusting.

And the idiots don't seem to understand it ends up back in the water. Mother nature dries it and blows it back in.