Clean Nylon Flag

mark99

Featured Posts

Oh dear, clearly no-one has yet told you you're not allowed to have a flag. I'm afraid you've outed yourself now, but you might still get away with it. Just don't get drawn into revealing that you also have a captain's hat. ;)

Oh dear, clearly no-one has yet told you you're not allowed to have a flag. I'm afraid you've outed yourself now, but you might still get away with it. Just don't get drawn into revealing that you also have a captain's hat. wink.png

Is that a fact.

Is there an actual law. I am vaguely aware of flying flags on private property requiring planning permission.

But not discreet ones on canal boats.

Any flag? - or is it limited to Union Jack and Red/White Ensigns. I've seen many boats on my canal cruises flying 'foreign' flags - if there is a law - does it apply to them as well.?

Either way, there is no excuse for a dirty one - so good luck to Mark99.

Is that a fact.

Is there an actual law. I am vaguely aware of flying flags on private property requiring planning permission.

Any flag? - or is it limited to Union Jack and Red/White Ensigns. I've seen many boats on my canal cruises flying 'foreign' flags - if there is a law - does it apply to them as well.?

You can fly the Red ensign but not the Union flag or the White ensign unless your a war ship..!!

You can fly the Red ensign but not the Union flag or the White ensign unless your a war ship..!!

I saw a narrow boat just a few days ago with a small white ensign on a short roof mast.

I was tempted to point it out but I'm a squinny. (spell check).

Martyn

It's a company flag of the Gas Light and Coke Company in London of which turned into (nationalised) B Gas who took me as an oik apprentice and paid for a honours degree in engineering so I owe them. :)

Edited by mark99

Is that a fact.

I was joking Horace ;) Just read a few of the threads where flags are discussed - somehow it very quickly becomes quite an emotive subject! I too hope Mark's flag cleans up a treat.

The red on my very small ensign has faded now. Could I restore the red with anything? A permanent red marker?

Keep 'em faded, look better!!

I have the red ensign from my first command in my study, faded and a bit tatty. However as its 4 foot long it's a bit large to fly when I am on the cut! I do have a smaller yacht one that I use though!!