The Exol Pride

peterboat

Featured Posts

Happily the Exol Pride is now back in action, retired last year as the Humber Pride. It has been painted blue, must have had a tank conversion done to double skin it, and now carries oil between Hull and Rotherham once again hooray for common sense.
I was so pleased to see her as she sailed past this morning

Happily the Exol Pride is now back in action, retired last year as the Humber Pride. It has been painted blue, must have had a tank conversion done to double skin it, and now carries oil between Hull and Rotherham once again hooray for common sense.

I was so pleased to see her as she sailed past this morning

Great news indeed and at the recent local user group forum in Castleford, CRT told us about this and also that there will shortly be a resumption of the aggregate traffic to the outskirts of Leeds.

Howard

We have know for a couple of weeks, chatting to the crew it would appear that it is still single skinned but because it is a small company its exempt. She sails from eastwood at 7 tomorrow morning, I might follow on and get through the locks with her to pastures

We have know for a couple of weeks, chatting to the crew it would appear that it is still single skinned but because it is a small company its exempt. She sails from eastwood at 7 tomorrow morning, I might follow on and get through the locks with her to pastures

This is indeed really good news! Exol, CRT, CBOA and Mainmast have been working on this project for some time, actually since the service was terminated by Whitakers. 'Exol Pride' is in Exol colours and still has the Exol decals etc to be applied and then there will be publicity of course.

The reason that she is single skinned is that the oil storage company in Hull and Exol do not require it, and neither do CRT, ABP or MCA; double skinning is generally imposed by the major oil companies.

It's also good that I believe there were no navigational problems of any note.

Regards

David L

This is indeed really good news! Exol, CRT, CBOA and Mainmast have been working on this project for some time, actually since the service was terminated by Whitakers. 'Exol Pride' is in Exol colours and still has the Exol decals etc to be applied and then there will be publicity of course.

The reason that she is single skinned is that the oil storage company in Hull and Exol do not require it, and neither do CRT, ABP or MCA; double skinning is generally imposed by the major oil companies.

It's also good that I believe there were no navigational problems of any note.

Regards

David L

point of order M'lud, but it is defined under SOLAS (Safety of Life at Seas) and MARPOL (Marine Pollution Act, both IMO) which defines when a tanker needs to be double hulled or not. As She is under 500gt and trading on inland waterways she will be except. Bunkering vessels in certain locations are also except from being Double hulled, but not many of those are still trading around the world as they are generally over 25years old and not many operators use vessels of that age.

Got the news that this route had restarted yesterday. Excellent news indeed.

Blimey, look who's 'ere! Hello Rachel!

Good news indeed about the new waterborne freight run.

point of order M'lud, but it is defined under SOLAS (Safety of Life at Seas) and MARPOL (Marine Pollution Act, both IMO) which defines when a tanker needs to be double hulled or not. As She is under 500gt and trading on inland waterways she will be except. Bunkering vessels in certain locations are also except from being Double hulled, but not many of those are still trading around the world as they are generally over 25years old and not many operators use vessels of that age.

Thanks Dharl for that useful info which prompted me to make a few more enquiries. I've had it confirmed that while Exol Pride and sister ships are under 500 grt major oil companies such as Total would not load them (company policy), and the veg oil companies are now looking to insist on double skinning too. MCA also require all tanker vessels to be double skinned as a policy but have exempted vessels of the size of Exol Pride (possibly in accordance with the SOLAS / MARPOL convention) but I understand there are moves afoot within MCA that will mean all vessels will have to be classified and double hulled in the future - maybe new build is meant by that.

Exol Pride went up the canal again with a bigger load on.

regards David L.

Edited by fanshaft

As far as I'm aware Humber Princess is to be shortened and converted into a crane boat.

regards David L

Edited by fanshaft