Police looking for boat Misty Blue

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

Very few details - none really, other than the police just inquired if we had seen a boat named Misty Blue in the area (Milton Keynes)

No idea if it's a narrow boat or cruiser, what color or reg number, or why they are looking for it. If seen, you may want to either let them know the police are trying to get in contact or contact the local police to let them know where the boat is.

Ta

B~

Racking my brains, the name is familiar, seem to recall seeing a recent post about or from a newbie who had just bought a boat of this of this name.

Phil

Scratch that, the post was from the new owner of Blue Mist, Swanley.

Edited by Phil Ambrose

From what I recall the boat called Misty Blue that is usually somewhere close to Milton Keynes is a wide beam, and probably a Liverpool Boats one.

There are lots of Misty Blues listed, but this would be my best guess for the Milton Keynes one.....

Misty Blue Built by Liverpool Boat Company - Length : 17.374 metres ( 57 feet ) - Beam : 3.048 metres ( 10 feet ) - Draft : 0.66 metres ( 2 feet 2 inches ). Metal hull N/A power of 55 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 517126 as a Powered Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

If its the one I'm thinking of, it will not have gone very far.

EDIT:

Found this very small image

3460518237_f50d6a0fb7_m.jpg

Edited by alan_fincher

From what I recall the boat called Misty Blue that is usually somewhere close to Milton Keynes is a wide beam, and probably a Liverpool Boats one.

There are lots of Misty Blues listed, but this would be my best guess for the Milton Keynes one.....

If its the one I'm thinking of, it will not have gone very far.

EDIT:

Found this very small image

3460518237_f50d6a0fb7_m.jpg

Have seen that Misty Blue secured a couple of times on the VMs by Linford Manor (not Great Linford Park). Though last went that way back in October so not a recent viewing.

The 'Misty Blue' I saw on the Staffs & Worcs at Easter would have been better named Rusty Blue, but it did not look as if it would get anywhere near Milton Keynes since then.

Regular customer of ours, lovely old guy. I can also confirm he will be nowhere Milton Keynes, so it's definitely not that Misty Blue.

The problem with just having a boat name to go on is that according to Jim Shead's website there are 39 "Misty Blue"s registered.

But whilst it is possible I may have guessed the wrong one, my local knowledge tells me the one I have suggested is the one it is not possible to pass through Milton Keynes without seeing. I'd be surprised if it were not that one, frankly.

On a serious note, I'm always a bit reluctant to get involved in these "find a boat" threads, even if it is the Police looking. However having recently been located by the Police when on a boat ourselves, I know all to well the reasons can be serious and very important. In our case Cath's mother had just been found having died suddenly at her house, and only because the Police had been able to locate us were we able to make our way there immediately, and (amongst other things) take her dog into our care.

But whilst it is possible I may have guessed the wrong one, my local knowledge tells me the one I have suggested is the one it is not possible to pass through Milton Keynes without seeing. I'd be surprised if it were not that one, frankly.

On a serious note, I'm always a bit reluctant to get involved in these "find a boat" threads, even if it is the Police looking. However having recently been located by the Police when on a boat ourselves, I know all to well the reasons can be serious and very important. In our case Cath's mother had just been found having died suddenly at her house, and only because the Police had been able to locate us were we able to make our way there immediately, and (amongst other things) take her dog into our care.

Quite so and I am not going to argue over a guess as you say of which one it is however well informed of local knowledge. You could easily be correct but my point was and is that just saying a name is at best only partly helpful particularly when there are quite a number of boats with that name.

I knew of a Misty Blue (Narrowboat) moored around Wigrams turn for a few years although they sold that boat a while ago now.

Edited by churchward

• 3 years later...
On 27/04/2016 at 12:30, junior said:

Regular customer of ours, lovely old guy. I can also confirm he will be nowhere Milton Keynes, so it's definitely not that Misty Blue.

Would you know the name of this gentleman there has been a rusty misty blue boat parked in handsacre at bridge 58 for about a month unfortunately the owner was found deceased on it on Tuesday evening and had been dead a while they are trying to find family I have pictures of the boat so if you could get in touch that would be great 

2 minutes ago, Ashley clifford said:

Would you know the name of this gentleman there has been a rusty misty blue boat parked in handsacre at bridge 58 for about a month unfortunately the owner was found deceased on it on Tuesday evening and had been dead a while they are trying to find family I have pictures of the boat so if you could get in touch that would be great 

You have replied to a post that is 3 years old, Junior doesn't come here now and ironically is a policeman now

8 hours ago, Ashley clifford said:

Have you contacted CRT? They should have his details, which maybe could be used to trace any family.

This boat has very slowly moved between the bottom of Atherstone Locks on the Coventry and Great Hayward for the last few years.

Sad to hear of the owners demise.

Just now, cuthound said:

Have you contacted CRT? They should have his details, which maybe could be used to trace any family.

This boat has very slowly moved between the bottom of Atherstone Locks on the Coventry and Great Hayward for the last few years.

Sad to hear of the owners demise.

What is the CRT sorry not a beater myself